Website hosted by infinityfree.net on domain registered in godaddy not working

I recently made some changes in DNS settings in godaddy to route my domain through cloudflare. It somehow had some issues with my domain so I deleted the cloudflare account completely. I reset the DNS settings back like before for infinityfree.net nameserves in my godaddy account

The current settings appear to be like this:

A @ 185.27.134.11
CNAME ftp @
CNAME ftp.epizy.com bk0x9bye.epizy.com
CNAME ns1.epizy.com bk0x9bye.epizy.com
CNAME www @
CNAME _domainconnect _domainconnect.gd.domaincontrol.com
NS @ ns1.byet.org
NS @ ns2.byet.org
NS @ ns3.byet.org
NS @ ns4.byet.org
NS @ ns5.byet.org
NS @ ns23.domaincontrol.com
NS @ ns24.domaincontrol.com

Everything in DNS seem to point to infinityfree.net but still my domain is not accessible, I get the error message “ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED” in the browser. I contacted godaddy and they informed my to contact the hosting company since it seems to be some problem with index. Any ideas, kindly help

185.27.134.11 is not the IP address of your website, it’s the IP address of the FTP service. And the FTP service does not serve websites.

If you insist on using Go Daddy’s nameservers (using InfinityFree nameservers is recommended), please make sure you follow the instructions: https://infinityfree.net/support/find-your-ip

Thank you Admin for your reply but as I understand since my domain is hosted by infinityfree.net, it should provide the ip address of my website as well. I am not interested to use Go Daddy’s nameservers as long as my website keeps up and running.

@wellcare said:
Thank you Admin for your reply but as I understand since my domain is hosted by infinityfree.net, it should provide the ip address of my website as well. I am not interested to use Go Daddy’s nameservers as long as my website keeps up and running.

If you point your domain name to the InfinityFree nameservers, you don’t need to configure anything else. When using our nameservers, we’ll automatically configure everything for your domain name, so you don’t need to do any DNS settings yourself. Go Daddy’s DNS controls won’t affect your domain name anymore when using external nameservers.

Thanks for your reply. Now I reset everything in Go Daddy’s DNS to defaults, removed everything related infinityfree.net. I also changed the IP in the A records to Go Daddy’s default parking page to 50.63.202.32. Then followed the instructions as mentioned at https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-use-infinityfree-nameservers. I understand that only the nameservers in Go Daddy’s DNS controls need to be pointed to freeinfinity.net and the rest will be configured automatically including updating the A records in DNS controls in Go Daddy. DNS propagation surely is a time consuming process, so I have to keep patience and wait. Hope I didn’t do anything wring this time.

Actually, the DNS settings in Go Daddy shouldn’t change. However, when using our nameservers, the DNS records present in Go Daddy’s control panel simply will not affect your domain name anymore regardless of what you enter there.

Oh, and one common pitfall when using Go Daddy: make sure you use the actual nameservers settings, which is located under the domain settings (I think). Creating DNS records of type NS doesn’t work. When in doubt, try contacting Go Daddy to ask whether you’re doing it right.

After a long wait for DNS propagation, I finally gave up, switched to Go Daddy’s hosting services and the website started loading within 10 mins. It stayed like this for over an hour before and i decided to give a try with infinityfree.net hosting, Changed NS in Go Daddy’s DNS and it didn’t work again. Somehow I feel infinityfree.net fails to assign an A record which I even confirmed from mxtoolbox.com. NS in my Go Daddy’s account is already pointed to infinityfree.net nameservers but website still doesn’t load.

I can check for you if there is any issue on our end, but I need to know what the domain name is to be able to check anything.

Yes please check my domain wellcaremedicalcenter.in . Btw i signed up in awardspace.com and hosted my website from there as well without any issues. Now I’ll remove the awardspace.com NS and customize back NS in Go Daddy’s account pointing to infinityfree.net. Am just wondering if any previous cache in infinityfree.net creates this problem as there is no way to completely remove the previous account as it stays there for 90 days before being completely removed. I even created a fresh account at infinityfree.net but couldn’t add my own domain to it after de-activating the old account.

It looks like something went wrong when creating your account, because everything is configured correctly but the nameservers don’t contain any records for your domain.

The best way to work around this is by creating a new account for the domain. To do that, login to the control panel for the old account, go to the Addon Domains section and delete the domain there. Then you can create a new account for the domain.

Note that closing an account does not unpark domain names on it (it even says so on the confirmation dialog you see when closing the account).

Thank you Admin. There was surely something wrong with my account creation. I followed the steps you mentioned and it worked like a charm…Appreciate your excellent support…