Website IPs 185.27.134.116 and 185.27.134.98 are down

1. No, No
  2. No
  3. Yes

Please I want detailed steps, I’m new to this and it feels messy to me.
NOTE: I have a backup for Database, Plugins, Themes, Uploads.
Thanks in advance.

So you haven’t linked your domain to your new account, or removed it from the old one? That is the first step than!

2 Likes

Great, I know how to delete it, but what do you mean by linking the domain to the new account (in other words, how to do so)

Just add the domain in the “Addon Domains” section in the control panel.

1 Like

No, not yet. Just asked them again.

Not really. If you already added the domain name to a different hosting account, you’re most likely experiencing DNS caching.

As for how to do it:

1. Login to the control panel of the old account, go to the Addon Domains section and remove the domain from there.
  2. Login to the control panel of the new account, go to the Addon Domains section and add the domain there.

Two caveats:

• The control panel on the old account may be hard to access due to the maintenance notice. It’s easier to access on a larger screen (e.g. a desktop or laptop, not a phone), but zooming out may help. All control panel features are still available though.
  • After adding the domain to the new account, it may still take up to 72 hours for the domain to come back up again due to DNS caching. See article above for details.
3 Likes

Thank you admin.

I will try to do exactly what you said, I hope I can be able to have the same website design and content if I uploaded the backup files to the new account.

I have just received an update from iFastNet. Unfortunately, it’s not good news.

It turns out that multiple disks in the server failed at the same time. Because of this, most of the data on the server was corrupted (only 1% of the data could be recovered).

iFastNet is currently waiting for replacement hardware to come in. We don’t know yet when it arrives and can be put to use. But if you do nothing, your domain name will eventually come up again, although probably not with the original files.

If you don’t want to wait for it, you are highly encouraged to move your domains to new and/or different hosting accounts.

Note that the databases are not affected and you can export them and migrated them to another account if you want.

5 Likes

oh dear… that is not good news…

How can i move my domain to another account?

1 Like

To Move Your Domain To A Different Account

1. Download and export your database (If you don’t already have it in a backup) by entering the control pannel, selecting PHPMyAdmin, the database, and “export” at the top. If you have multiple databases, you may have to do this multiple times.

2. Remove the domain. Go to the “Addon Domains” section of the control panel and remove the domain. Don’t forget this step!

3. Create a new account (ONLY if you have less than three accounts. Note that the TOS prohibits the use of more than one main account per person (so one main account, and three hosting accounts per person) If you have three accounts, double check you removed the domain from the old account (step 2) and than do step 4 before you do step 3). During account creation, enter in the same domain name, if it says not available, ensure you did step 2 correctly, and wait a few minutes (like 10) before you try again. Finish creating the account.

4. Remove the old account. Enter the client area for the old account, select “edit account” and delete it. Note that it may take a few minutes before it enters “Deactivated” state. Once it does, it will no longer count as one of your three accounts.

The rest of the steps can be done in any order, they are also optional.

• Re-Upload your database. Enter the control panel for the new account (Note that it may not work yet, as the account may still be processing) and go to PHPMyAdmin. Select “Import” and choose the exported file you made in step 1. If you had multiple databases, you may have to do this multiple times.

• Re-Upload your files. Using your backup, upload the files onto the server using FTP. Note that you must log in to the control panel before you can view FTP credentials in the client area. Also not that FTP might not begin working immediately, as your account may still be in the “Pending Creation” state.

• Give this post a :heart:!

Questions? Reply below, and someone will happy to help! Before you reply, wait 20 minutes then close your browser and re-open it and see if the problem corrects itself. Thanks!

5 Likes

Hi Greenreader9.
How long does it take for the account to be permanently deleted?.

• Example :> if I have 2 accounts out of 3, how long does it take for the account to be deleted (To be 1/3).*

Thanks.

It takes less than 10mins for an account to enter the “Deactivated” state. After it enters that state, it will still show on the accounts screen (So you can bring it back if you have less than 3 accounts) for 60 days, but during that time it will not count against your 3-account limit. Hope that helped!

Basically, when you “delete” an account, it will be removed from your three account limit within 10 mins. It will still be visible, but you cannot access it, and it is not impacting you in any way.

3 Likes

Thanks for the fast reply. This helped me indeed.

Yes, this is what happened to me, the account was closed in a matter of almost 10 minutes, but it is still showing me that I have 2/3 accounts even though it is showing closed.

Thanks again.

If it says “Deactivated” as its status, it should not count ageist you. If it says “Processing” or something similar, it may be just going a little slow. Send a screenshot if you want me to double-check :slight_smile:

1 Like

*I followed the steps of deleting the domain, It worked tho.

As you can see I deleted these two accounts, and showed me that it is closed (I received an e-mail confirming of closing the accounts), but the blue heading showing me 3/3 accounts.

That doesn’t look like InfinityFree… are you using this hosting service? Can you please share the URL of that screen?
Thanks

1 Like

I’m using profreehots.com

Then you are not supposed to post here. This form is for InfinityFree customers only, as our system works differently than everyone else’s. You need to contact your actual host about their policy about this, because it is probably different. Generally, you should only ask questions on the form of the company you are actually using, as the people on the form most likely only know how one system works, and could be giving you incorrect information about other companies.
Thanks.

3 Likes

All resources are directing me to this page here, mentioning that this page topic is “websites IPs 185.27.137.116 and 185.27.134.98 are down” which is my website’s IP address.

But this is not your host, and I’m assuming “all recourses” is Google, which does not know that we cannot help you since your actual host is different.
Thanks

1 Like