Website only showing 'default' great-site.net page

epiz_28671167

Why am I seeing this? I have tried clearing cache and cookies and browser history, but it doesn’t seem to help. It seems to be doing this on my home internet connection. Website seems to work on my mobile phone connection, and was also working earlier today from my work’s internet connection (but not anymore right now).

What url are you visiting?

great-site.net is a domain, your website is a subdomain.

Instead of going to “epizy.com” (or, in your case, “great-site.net”), you should go to “exampleinfinityfreewebsite.epizy.com” (or, in your case, “exampleinfinityfreewebsite.great-site.net”), where “exampleinfinityfreewebsite” is name of the account (with some characters omitted, like spaces), which the url should be shown in your account dashboard (like shown above).

2 Likes

yes, obviously. Sorry. it’s vaersanalysis.great-site.net.

Your website looks fine to me!

Try clearing your browser cache if this problem persists.

2 Likes

great! but why would it not be working on my home connection, but on other connections? Like i said, I tired clearing cache, cookies, etc. on multiple browsers, but it didn’t seem to help

It might be DNS cache.

Try waiting a bit (up to 72 hours).

But, did you go directly to vaersanalysis.great-site.net, or did you go to great-site.net?

Try going to the former.

2 Likes

ok thx. is it possible to hit the site by IP address instead? doesn’t seem like it.

What do you mean “hit the site by ip address” and “doesn’t seem to like it”?

sorry what I mean is, when I try to open the website using the ip address, it doesn’t work:

Infinityfree does not allow you to open your website by IP, I believe.

3 Likes

ok thx. that’s what I figured.

yes, I did go directly to vaersanalysis.great-site.net, it works from my mobile connection, but not from my home connection. Will wait the 72 hrs to see if it’s a dns thing.

Websites cannot be opened via an IP as multiple websites use the same IP to keep the free servers efficient.

5 Likes

Was going to say that too, except I didn’t know if that was correct.

It was confusing, but this article clears up how multiple websites can be hosted on one IP (for those of you who want to know, like me).

1 Like

But you can preview them by editing your hosts file, as described here:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.