Website outage (Sites returning "Suspended Domain" or "Connection Timed Out")

Yes.

And you may still be able to access your site over FTP during this outage.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Database Question

is this only affected the free hosting? if subscribe to premium hosting will this fix the issue?

For those who want to backup your files but failed to connect from pc / browser, try to connect to ftp with your phone with any file manager app. I’m using android. I just connect to ftp using an app called file manager+ and successfully backup all my files.

Note : My app been connected to Epizy’s ftp since few months bcos mostly I use my phone to code and update git. Dunno if new ftp connection will works.

I just woke up and saw what was going on. I’m trying to get in touch with iFastNet to learn more about this.

In the mean time, from my own observations, I can say the following things about the issue:

• This is a server issue that seems to affect most, if not all sites.
  • This issue affects website traffic, FTP traffic and possibly other features too.
  • Premium hosting does not seems to be affected.
  • There is no evidence that any data has been lost. Remember: just because data isn’t accessible right now doesn’t mean it’s gone.

Based on these symptoms, my best guess is that the internal network is overloaded resulting in many part of the platform being unable to communicate with each other. As to what caused this (hardware failure, configuration error, software bug, cyber attack) I don’t know.

Also, for this topic specifically, please note that:

• Updates regarding this issue will be posted in this topic.
  • To make sure these updates can be found, the outage communication rules will be strictly enforced.
  • Posts in violation of the rules will be flagged and deleted without warning.

Also, answering a few other questions people have asked (often in violation of the outage communication rules):

• Your account is not suspended, this is a server issue.
  • Yes, your website is not working, we know.
  • Yes, your FTP maybe also isn’t working.
    • As far as I can tell, FTP was fine until everyone came in scrambling to backup their site, overloading the FTP servers. So again: please have patience, your files are safe, you’ll have access to them again soon. Sit tight and please don’t stress everything and everyone any more than absolutely necessary.
  • Yes, other things may be broken too. No need to make an exhaustive list of every issue that’s happening right now, the engineers are already doing their best, and it’s very likely that by fixing whatever is causing the website issues will also fix other issues.
    • Yes, “other things” includes database servers. Again, we know.
  • Yes, the issues will be resolved ASAP. No, we don’t know how long this will take.
  • Yes, until then, you’ll just have to wait.
  • No, we’re not going to inform you personally with status updates. Most likely hundreds of thousands of people are affected by this and we cannot inform everyone individually.
14 Likes

Back to live!!!
thank you <3

1 Like

my website is still redirects to suspended domain epiz_33034667

Website for wogid.xyz this isn’t spam please don’t mark as spam

Clean your browser cache (CTRL + F5) or try incognito/private mode

6 Likes

how about wog-team.space it belogs to me no side ads just my website

OxyDac here - and that address is "online" after 1-2 hours passed since your question.

now i am back live!
thank you

It seems that starting around an hour ago, websites have been coming back up!

According to our own monitor, some servers are still unreachable, and it’s possible that some sites still redirect to a suspended domain page.

But based on what has been happening so far, it’s likely that the remaining sites will come online as well within the next few hours!

That said, I still haven’t heard anything from iFastNet about this.

As a general response to all the “my website is back up but now I get a different error” messages: the known effects of websites are Connection Timed Out errors and Suspended page redirects. So please don’t write any more posts saying “my website is back online”. We know, that’s the plan.

For any other errors (code errors, WordPress errors), it may be related but probably isn’t. Please consider waiting a few hours for things to stabilize, and if they don’t, please create a new topic where we can investigate the issue while keeping this topic focused on the outage.

Also, just like having thousands of “my website is down too” posts with no context are not helpful, having thousands of “my website is back up now” posts is not helpful either.

Please keep the topic clean. Unless you have a different question or new and relevant information, please refrain from posting here.

6 Likes

About 30 minutes ago my ftp manager started working with the default ftp manager. At that time mysql server was not worked.

But now the website is live and all the features is working fine …

About two hours ago, all website IPs that previously did not respond to requests at all have come up again (except for the .55 and .57 IPs, which are of course still down due to the migration to SSD storage).

I think this means all active accounts should show their sites and not redirect to a suspension page, but that’s harder to check.

7 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for your efforts!

My website runs again. However, after FileZilla connects FTP it says:
421 Home directory not available - aborting
The online FTP tool (filemanager.ai) says instead:
Error! FTP authentication failed

Is this error also related to the currently being resolved issues?
(my control panel says my files are on volume vol19_1, if that helps.)

After the outage my website works again, but I am not able to access my ftp, since yesterday, when the site was working again. Domain shiningman.net

I have a problem

my database is gone

domain : apn.rf.gd

A post was split to a new topic: WordPress Help