Website / PHP issues following PHP upgrade

Starting last Wednesday, iFastNet has begun upgrading PHP 7 on the free hosting platform. Instead of PHP 7.3 which we had before, the servers will now be upgraded to PHP 7.4.8.

PHP 7.4 was released half a year ago and is the newest stable version of PHP. It brings many bug fixes and performance improvements. Some of these bugs have been seen by frequenters of this forum as well, like the issues accessing Google services due to SSL errors, and the security problem reported last week.

However, it appears that this upgrade has caused outages on some websites, and judging from what I’ve seen so far, there still seem to be problems with PHP configuration, missing extensions, crashes and other strange behavior.

I only just learned about these issues and still have to go through the recent discussions to figure out what people have experienced or are still experiencing. As soon as I have a better idea what’s going on, I will describe specific known issues and get in touch with iFastNet to get these issues addressed.

I’m very sorry for this extremely late announcement and for not getting here sooner.

UPDATE:

I’ve looked through the topics, and as far as I understand, the main issues still remaining are some extensions and modules missing from PHP. The things which are clearly missing are:

• The PHP ZIP (ZipArchive) extension.
  • JPEG support for the GD extension.
  • GMP extension.
  • IonCube.

I’ve contacted iFastNet about this and will update this topic as soon as I know more.

UPDATE 2

The GMP and IonCube extensions have been restored again. The ZIP and JPEG extensions are not available right now due to compatibility issues between the operating system of the free hosting servers and changes to PHP itself. iFastNet is still working to fix this.

UPDATE 3

The problem is SOLVED now! Earlier today, the PHP ZIP, ZLIB and GD with JPEG support have been added to all servers. If you were using PHP 7.4 before, the extensions have automatically been added.

24 Likes

For those who have unserialize problem

8 Likes

Now I think this is the main cause for ERROR:
Abort class-pclzip.php : Missing zlib extensions
@Admin please fix this ASAP, just like me most users can’t completely access their sites. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem :slight_smile: :wink:

1 Like

The admin cannot make the process go faster. This is a reseller hosting company that runs by iFastnet. If you wanted to make the process go faster, then the admin isn’t the person to ask. You should ask Ifastnet but they are already doing their best. All you have to do is to have patience.

4 Likes

:eyes:
it makes me laugh

5 Likes

To who says please enable unserialize on php 5.x:

5 Likes

0kay, let’s sit back & relax, then… :wink:

2 Likes
  • Warning The optional module, imagick, is not installed, or has been disabled.
  • Warning The optional module, zip, is not installed, or has been disabled.
  • Error The required module, zlib, is not installed, or has been disabled.

I can’t install woocommerce errors above

As this thread is about, There are PHP Issues which have tinkered with the extensions you require, and will take some time to fix, as they have to get someone to go down to the datacenter and manually install the PHP addons, which is hard due to;

So Please wait and as @infortainment says, Let’s sit back and relax.

4 Likes

imagick has never been installed and will not be installed. And note that it says “Warning The optional module”. It’s not an error (it’s a warning) and will not prevent you from installing WooCommerce (it’s optional).

The ZIP and ZLIB modules are related. They are both part of the same underlying library, which is one of the libraries which could not be built straight away. iFastNet is working on these.

6 Likes

Hello

How long it may take?
I just create an account and face the issue!
Bad luck for me!!

Nobody knows how long it will take. It depends on how much luck iFastNet has with getting the PHP extension to build correctly. It would probably be in the ballpark of a couple of days to a week or two. But again, nobody knows.

As a workaround, you can switch to PHP 5.6 for now, which still has these extensions enabled. However, the unserialize() function is disabled on that PHP version.

6 Likes

Does this affect Softaculous App also? I have been trying to access this app from my control panel for the last 24 hours but all it says is “Something went wrong, please allow 20 minutes then retry”

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice

I have changed PHP version to 5.6 and then install WordPress
But admin panel or dashboard not appearing
After login with admin ID it shows just home page of new site.

This does affect Softaculous apps, but not Softaculous itself.

Softaculous is working fine for me though. If you’re still having problems with it, can you please check for other topics about the same issue or create a new one?

I forgot to note that: not every software support PHP 5.6 because it’s quite old already. I believe WordPress requires at least PHP 7.1 from the top of my head.

4 Likes

Installation failed: Abort class-pclzip.php : Missing zlib extensions
Do you think this will day less than a day to fix?

Please see my previous answer:

4 Likes

So will this apply to wordpress plugins installing correctly?