Website Suspended and now is a Infinity Ad with out warning

Only thing i done on my site today is preview two themes, that less than i normally do on my site. now is “Suspended due to daily ep limited” how can you just take someone website offline with out warning ! and even worst use it as a advising for your site.

tgmgaming.com

4 Likes

Technically, it’s not offline. It’s just suspended and redirected.

You receive a warning through email when you reach half the limit.

Well… if you read the terms and conditions, then I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t be asking this question because it CLEARLY says:

12. RIGHT TO SUSPEND / TERMINATE HOSTING SERVICES

We reserve the right to suspend or terminate any hosting services if a website/hosting service consumes excessive server resources or effects other websites / hosting services on a shared or clustered hosting server. Excessive resource usage can constitute any form of server usage calculated and determined at the discretion of InfinityFree. InfinityFree reserves the right to suspend service at any time without prior notice if or when the health or normal running / performance of a service is effected / degraded by a website or hosting service.

You acknowledge that InfinityFree may or may not pre-screen Content, but that InfinityFree and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, InfinityFree and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by InfinityFree or submitted to InfinityFree, including without limitation information in InfinityFree Message Boards and in all other parts of the Service.

You acknowledge, consent and agree that InfinityFree may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:

• comply with legal process;
  • enforce the TOS;
  • respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties;
  • respond to your requests for customer service; or
  • protect the rights, property or personal safety of InfinityFree, its users and the public.

You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may involve

• transmissions over various networks; and
  • changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.

You understand that the Service and software embodied within the Service may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by InfinityFree and/or content providers who provide content to the Service. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into the Service. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the materials provided on the Service, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.

Perhaps reading the Terms of Service would be a good idea.

4 Likes

We took your website down because you used too much server power for yourself. Normally, a warning should be sent out if you’re at half of your usage, but depending on the rate of your use, and on spam filters, you may not see that email before your account is suspended, or at all.

We try to provide reliable and fast hosting to as many people as possible. Because of that, we monitor how different accounts load the server, and take action if one account is using too much server power. If that happens, we suspended the account to prevent it from overloading the server and causing harm to other sites.

And suspended accounts are redirected to a parking page.

5 Likes

how to prevent that?

If you don’t want your account to be suspended, you shouldn’t abuse the servers.

Since your account was suspended for hitting the Entry Process limits, the instructions from the article @anon19508339 shared are the best place to start:

2 Likes

Wow just wow .what Customer service on Support front.

Actually i just left open a WP template preview whiles i went to lunch. I went at 3.45 and my site stop at 2.05
My site wasn’t actually doing anything.
So i don’t actually know what cause the spike :s

overloading of plugins,installing heavy plugins—may lead to reach the cpu limit because i experienced this in my brothers account …they cant to do anything for that because everyone is equal here :grinning: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

As @anon12237952 said, Anything in wordpress (most things) can cause a spike, And Admin is telling you what you did, and he is telling you what [not] to do, and this is free hosting, Customer Service is not nesecary, Admin doesn’t have to help you, he chooses to, and so do we all :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have several questions @admin!

1. When you name the CPU usage etc, can I “get an idea” of the usage by taking the “Bandwidth used” of the CPanel as a reference? Or disk usage?

2. Do you usually warn when there is massive CPU usage? I mean, if you contact the owner of the website to warn him that there is a lot of bandwidth, etc.

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

You can find the CPU and Daily hits usage (though you have unlimited Bandwith, the thing you have to worry about is the daily hits) in the control panel under the “metrics” section. You’ll see a button called “Account Statistics”. Click on that and you’ll see them all. :slightly_smiling_face:
Example:

You receive an email when you reach halfway through the limit and when you’ve reached it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Not really. CPU usage is CPU usage. You can blast through your CPU usage limits while hardly using any disk space or bandwidth, or use plenty of them while hardly generating any CPU usage.

CPU usage can correlate with website traffic, which can be estimated with hits usage. But again, high hits usage doesn’t mean high CPU usage and vice versa.

2 Likes

@Technical.Legendz @Admin Thank you very much for the answers! I will keep it in mind :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.