Website & WP Dashboard not working after adding SSL Certificate from Cloudflare, Really simple SSL

Username (e.g. epiz_33253632) or softwarify.com

( After Connecting SSL’s my wp-admin page refused to open)

Error Message -

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

(This site can’t provide a secure connection softwarify.com sent an invalid response.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR)

Other information - I’m stuck in this loop ever since when i created an account on this website… This is going like maybe 15 - 20 times now

( When i reinstall the wp to overwrite the not-working one, it works with not ssl certificate buh when i add the ssl certificate the website will stop work when… Am using Really Simple SSL.)

I am fed up gonna give up on this platform soon :tired_face:

The problem is that you are forcing HTTPS with the Really Simple SSL Plugin, but there is not a certificate installed on your website.

Before forcing HTTPS, always make sure your site can actually be loaded over HTTPS first.

Can you screenshot the client area page with the certificate for me?

4 Likes

This is what am seeing

You still do not get it

Did you do this?

Perhaps you need to consider this as well

Take note as well

1 Like

I have paid ssl on… Is this type of problem I’ll be coming across when I upgrade my plan to premium…?
But why is it not working…?

Did you install it on the hosting account?
Please show proof…

This is it from Cloudflare

What mode (flexible or full mode) is CloudFlare running on?
Do you have https redirect in the .htaccess at the same time?

1 Like

I don’t remember maybe on full mode. And the .htaccess

Is this gonna work or i should just reinstall wp. And guide me through the ssl certificate process

Then I do not know how to help you

This would not help. I cannot help you if you do not have the details

How about this

Let check the . htaccess file

This is what i have on htaccess file

I have remove my website from Cloudflare

If your domain is using Cloudflare and you get an ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR error, it either means that Cloudflare hasn’t installed an SSL certificate for your domain yet on their platform, or that you’re not connected to Cloudflare at all due to DNS caching. In either case, waiting for 24 hours usually solves it. Just, whatever you do, don’t touch the DNS settings of your domain or the settings at Cloudflare, because you’ll likely only make things worse.

Note that the SSL mode in Cloudflare doesn’t affect this. That setting only controls how traffic is secured between your hosting account and Cloudflare, but this issue is between you and Cloudflare.

If you don’t want to use Cloudflare’s, that’s OK too. But then please note that you’ll need to install an SSL certificate on your hosting account for your domain if you want to use HTTPS. You can use our Free SSL Certificates tool for that.

5 Likes

I want to reinstall everything and using paid ssl from namecheap…
When connect the ssl how will I check to know if the ssl has connect before forcing it with ssl

By loading your site over HTTPS

4 Likes

Or what if I use infinityfree ssl certificate is my problem going to be reduce…?

Using the paid doesn’t seems working either

Sure? I mean you don’t have any certificates installed right now, so I can’t give you a definite answer.

If you already have a certificate, upload it to the control panel under SSL/TLS.

4 Likes