websockets

How do I start the websocket server?

I’m sorry, but our hosting (or any other web hosting I know) doesn’t have a websocket server. What are you trying to achieve?

I’m trying to run a websocket server on a hosting. To do this, you usually use ssh connections, but you have port 22 closed. Can I do it differently?

@MACTEPwar said:
I’m trying to run a websocket server on a hosting. To do this, you usually use ssh connections, but you have port 22 closed. Can I do it differently?

To run custom server software, you need to get your own server (a VPS or dedicated server). While high end shared hosting generally does come with SSH access, the SSH access is “jailed” meaning you don’t get the same options as you would being the root user on your own server. So even then, you wouldn’t be able to install your background running process which listens for incoming (websocket) connections.

So again: what you’re looking for isn’t possible at all with any web hosting service. What you’re asking for is a feature which is fundamentally different from how web hosting works.