What does infinityFree use?

And here was me thinking it designed it! (The Wikipedia uses MediaWiki! And have of the websites, are using Wordpress,) No, wonder my learning every HTML skills are now in vain! Well, that’s why the world is so smart. I think I should start making games now.

Vanilla forums in softaculous is a older version and not modernized. I researched and found that phpBB has all features free! It does look outdated though. Is there any Free alternative to these phpBB themes?

or

Well make your own?

In all of places and works, you have to pay either money or time to get a thing. Nothing is free :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There must be a ‘modern’ theme that is free in the vast internet?

People are not that generous to build everything for free, or if it is free they either put limitations on it or it does not look modern.

You must ‘suspect’ someone who provides both free and advanced.

1 Like

Alrighty!

Interesting, might check it out later.

I guess id keep you guys updated… I decided to use flarum from freeflarum.com after some searching. When I try to change my custom domain to forum.casmat.ga, it says that: opps theres something wrong. I had entered all CNAME records correctly:
It tells me ‘oops something went wrong’. What’s happening? I added cname records in cloudfare like this:

Type: CNAME

Name: forum

Target: casmatforum.freeflarum.com

TTL: Auto

Proxy: DNS only

When I try entering my actual domain casmat.ga, it says no CNAME records found so its not the domain problem… What is it? I can’t email the team because their email is long gone.

From my guide to Cloudflare:

The Screenshots on Softaculous are outdated, but the installation is VERY modern
(http://vanillaforum.unaux.com)

Ok i tried that and an error said that a host with the same subdomain is being used(the CNAME record) so I deleted that and made the a record. Now what should I do next. I can’t add a CNAME record for the same subdomain…

Hm I see… just asking… is there any way to remove the powered by branding AND is there anyway to change the theme of the forum (any places to get themes for free)?

As said above, VERY FEW THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE (Thankfully, InfinityFree is one of them). People want money for their work!

Go to Browsing <em>All Types of Addons</em> — Vanilla Forums for plugins and themes! :slight_smile:

Also See Install an Addon - Success Community for how to install plugins/themes

Yes Yes Yes… I am just adding free in case if there is one that I dont know about (It doesnt hurt to try)

1 Like

Anything? The freeflarum works with a new error instead of something went wrong: forum.casmat.ga does not CNAME to casmatforum.freeflarum.com

I think FreeFlarum is broken, because when I tried that it didn’t work

Alright… I’ll use vanilla then!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.