What is going on?

I see there were a few files which had critical errors as it’s uploading…

I’ll wait until its done

1 Like

Looksllike the eicons and font awesome still a problem…thought they fixed that in 2.6?

72 failed transfers - all assets like font awesome, eicons etc.

Now whole site is down.

Well that didn’t work. Whole site is down and I can’t even get into the dashboard anymore, F—!

I’m deleting elementor to see if I can get back in.

FYI: you can view the FTP credentials by clicking your account in the accounts list and then checking the “FTP Details” panel. All the necessary settings are listed conveniently in one place there.

Thanks. That is helpful.

Still massive problems with elementor being compatible with whatever has changed in the last couple days.

Can’t install elementor basic let alone activate Pro. Can’t even install other plugins

Getting the font awesome, eicons etc. denial

1 Like

Alright. In frustration, and since I have everything backed up…

I deleted Wordpress and everything with it.

Then reinstalled a clean version.

Then tried to install UpdraftPlus so I can access my backups and the installation still failed?

What gives Infinity Free?

Yep. can’t install anything…even on a clean Wordpress installation.

So this is definitely an Infinity Free problem.

After further poking around it allowed me to install a theme.

I installed the “Write” theme as per before.

Then when I went o see if this affected plugin installation…

Elementor was listed as being able to be activated )even though previously it said it couldn’t be installed.)

Upon clicking activate however…

I got his

Warning : require(/home/vol10_7/epizy.com/epiz_20580360/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/plugin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vol10_7/epizy.com/epiz_20580360/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/elementor/elementor.php on line 54

Fatal error : require(): Failed opening required ‘/home/vol10_7/epizy.com/epiz_20580360/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/plugin.php’ (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/pear/’) in /home/vol10_7/epizy.com/epiz_20580360/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/elementor/elementor.php on line 54

This error means files are missing, which usually means something went wrong while uploading and extracting the plugin. You can try to upload the plugin through FTP instead of the browser: Managing Plugins « WordPress Codex

Note that it’s highly recommended to use a desktop FTP client like FileZilla. While you can try to use a web based file manager, they are nowhere near as stable as desktop software.

On a fresh install of Wordpress with nothing else installed?

If you have a big plugin which is over 10 MB in size and/or takes over 20 seconds to install, then it will fail, regardless of whether it is a new site, old site, big site or small site.

1 Like

So the solution is to FTP these types of plugins?

Yes, it is.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.