What is Mysql server configuration?

In theoretical MySQL is not have limit for file size. It determinated by Server file system.

I will try to use large database with single table (~8Gb) for personal with 1-2 query for a day.
At Mysql 5.6 referance manual Section C10.3 have this table.
Operating System File-size Limit
Win32 w/ FAT/FAT32 2GB/4GB
Win32 w/ NTFS 2TB (possibly larger)
Linux 2.2-Intel 32-bit 2GB (LFS: 4GB)
Linux 2.4+ (using ext3 file system) 4TB
Solaris 9/10 16TB
OS X w/ HFS+ 2TB

In Cpanel Server Information section say,
Apache version: 2.4.178
PHP version: 5.6.23
MySQL version: 5.6.30
Operating System Linux
Kernel Version 3.2.40
Architecture i686
Theme x3
But I think this is for web hosting.

What is Mysql server Operation System?

Hello @erostoreus.

I guess you want to know on which operating system our web hosting is running on and you’re just confused because of all these OS names in the reference manual. If I am right then the manual is simply telling you what would be the file size limits for different operating systems.

If I am sure then MySql server is probably stored on the same server/OS where web hosting files are. So in that case it is Linux.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask for support here!

Have a nice day.

Mike

We are using modern versions of Linux on all our servers and primarily use CentOS 6 at the moment. In theory, our database can probably handle databases of hundreds of GB in size.

In reality though, running queries on a table of 8GB takes a LOT of processing power and RAM. Even if you’d only run the queries very infrequently, those infrequent queries would create big load spikes on our server which would require a lot of excess capacity. We don’t have lots of excess capacity on our free servers because then we’d be paying for server power which isn’t used most of the time anyways.

Our database servers are intended to be used for websites, scripts which generate a decent number of small queries throughout the day. Scripts like that load the database servers fairly evenly.

That’s why we cannot allow the kind of usage you’re proposing. To do that, you’re probably looking at getting your own VPS, using a specialized database hosting service or, if all you need to do is run queries on a static data set, just host the database on your own computer.