What is service worker?

Hello

Im pretty new at making websites, so what is a service worker, I need to input the service worker filename in the arc.io website coz I’m trying to make money off it.

Use the arc plugin. It’s easier

I did, it redirected me to the arc portal

Service Workers are [generally] JavaScript code to run in the background, mainly for push notifications. On my website (hn.fyi), I use Service Workers for caching, to cache the favicon & most used static resources.

If you already have an account, login to the arc website to verify it is working.

It won’t work due to the security system:

You should either have your custom domain and use cloudflare on it or upgrade to premium in order to disable the security system.

4 Likes

Well, arc is meant for web browser access so it works…

How Arc works:

Arc creates a communal, distributed CDN with the latest HTML5 APIs — WebRTC to connect browsers, ServiceWorker to fulfill requests, IndexedDB to cache data, and WebCrypto to do it all securely. And it never impacts the user experience. Ever. Arc uses only a small portion of spare bandwidth, imperceptible CPU, 300MB of browser cache, and only runs when a device is connected to Wi-Fi. Cellular bandwidth is never used.

2 Likes

What @anon19508339 is saying is that any API (except whitelisted sites like Google) will be blocked if they make a request to your website.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.