What is the width for a laptop media query?

I thought that the media query for a laptop would be anything that is 1200px or less but someone showed me that it doesn’t look quite right on their laptop, can someone confirm that for me?

from,

Mervin

thanks but now I am confused… what is the 992px for? Is this for a small desktop? because I have a chrome extension showing some breakpoints and one of them is 992 but there is none for 600 px

Wait @piano0011 Sorry It’s 1024 px

just for note. it’s depending which resolution is used for device

Yeah It’s Recommended For Laptop As The Topic Said

i mean. it can changed from graphic settings too. but by default. it’s what you said :slight_smile:

I Mean By The Dispakd

The strange thing is that my chrome extension breakpoint does not list 1024 as one of its breakpoints…

Sorry I Mean Display, A Very Big Thunder Had Come And It Was Very Loud. I Was Just Surprised
And It Had Come By Our Neighbour Tower

This is strange because I checked again and the 1024 pixel looks okay on my breakpoint extension but on the other person’s laptop, looks way off…

I am confused here… is the media query for laptop because it looks ok on my laptop after I did some work on my 1600px but what is the 1200px for? From what I read, the 1200px is also for large desktop monitors… but am confused here…

I will try changing somethings in my 1200px but it just sounds like this is also for a smaller laptop? Is there such thing as a big 1600px laptop and a small 1200 px?

I still would like to discuss this issue here because I am confused… From my experience, the 1600px is for a small screen desktop correct? I changed the settings there and managed to get my small desktop and wide screen laptop to work well, then what is the 992 pixel for? Is a laptop 2014 pixel?

i’d say minimum width for laptop is 1366 px

Oh but it is looking okay on my ASUS laptop in media query 1600px

I also can’t move some elements on my ipad and tried to use the !important but does not work either… am confused here

I don’t understand what is going on in this topic. Can somebody explain so that I can try to help.

The css is not working on my actual ipad but it is on my chrome extension… sometimes, I find that chrome extension is not that accurate for some devices

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.