Where can I get support for my account

If you have questions about InfinityFree, the service we provide, or need help in getting your website up and running, we provide a community support forum where you can ask your question. On that forum, you can ask your question, so staff and other community members can help you. You can also find many questions which have already been asked by others. So be sure to search the forum first before posting, because maybe your question has already been answered before!

However, InfinityFree does not provide email support, phone support, ticket support, chat support or other one-on-one support for any free hosting services.

Why is there no support for free hosting?

Why don’t we provide one-on-one support with free hosting? Do we not care about the people who use our free hosting?

Not at all!

We simply provide support through our community forum. Staff reviews all questions that are asked and provide help wherever necessary. And we have some very helpful volunteers that may be able to answer your questions before staff gets around to it.

So we definitely do provide support, and we regularly get very positive comments about the help we provide. Just please consider that we don’t provide private one-on-one support.

Why is there no one-on-one support for free hosting?

In short: because it’s simply not possible to provide free hosting with one-on-one support.

The biggest cost factor of most hosting companies is costs of staff (like salaries). And a the biggest part of the total staff is dedicated to answering customer questions.

InfinityFree provides completely free website hosting. We don’t ask any free hosting user for payment, ever. The only revenue we make from free hosting is through the advertisements on our website and control panel. We don’t even put ads on your site! That’s great for you, but gives us a limited budget to provide you with great hosting.

So to be able to provide our hosting for free, we need to keep our costs low.

This is also why we are using a fully custom made hosting solution: no commercially available platform exists that makes it possible to provide free hosting sustainably at the scale we need.

But the best way to keep costs low is to save on the biggest cost factor: staff. And specifically: support staff. This is why InfinityFree does not have a customer support team. It’s simply too expensive for free hosting.

Where should I go if I have questions?

The first place to check is the knowledge base you’re looking at right now. Many commonly asked questions have been answered here already.

If you don’t find your answer in the knowledge base, please check our community forum as well. Many more questions have been answered there.

If your question is not answered yet, please feel free to open a new discussion on the forum! Both InfinityFree staff and community volunteers are happy to help you out.

But my account is suspended!

If your account is suspended, please check the client area for more information. If your account needs to be reviewed by staff, you can submit a ticket from there.

Please don’t use the forum or general contact email address to ask about your suspension. They cannot help you.

But my website is down!

There are millions of different reasons why you can’t see your website, ranging from server issues, bad website configuration, software bugs or even an issue on your own computer or internet connection.

Many of those issues cannot be fixed by InfinityFree staff. We can’t fix your browser, and we are not experts on all of the tens of thousands of different software packages you can host with us.

As the website administrator, it’s your responsibility to diagnose and fix such issues. And you should determine who might be best suited to help you.

If you want help from the hosting side, you can create a discussion on the community forums where you can describe your issue. That way, people who know more about the hosting and the software you’re using can help you out.

But your server is down!

We do take server issues seriously and do our best to solve them as soon as possible. However, we cannot sift through a large number of issue reports to determine which are a server issue and which aren’t, and we cannot keep hundreds of thousands of people informed personally.

InfinityFree staff regularly visits the community forum to see if there are any system wide issues. Be sure to check the forum for yourself, maybe we’ve already published updates there!

Do I get support with premium hosting?

Absolutely! With premium hosting, you get access to a support system where you can talk directly with premium hosting staff, who will be happy to get you up and running. Please see the premium hosting page for more information.

2 Likes