White screen of death

Hello everyone,

my website is https://iltavoloperdue.com
In the last couple of weeks the wordpress update kept failing and therefore yesterday I pushed the update manually.
The update failed and reported a white screen of death. After attempting various solutions (deactivated plugins, deactivated theme) I resorted to manually update the version by downloading it on my PC and then uploading the files back to the server.

This resulted in another white screen, without ANY indication of what might be wrong. The website is currently anavailable for users and the admin consolle, and despite it being in debug mode it doesn’t show any error message.

Hope somebody can help me out

Here, help your self:

1 Like

Thank you. I had assumed debug mode would be enough to show error messages but I guess not.

This is what I get now:

**Warning**: require(/home/vol7_6/epizy.com/epiz_27413664/htdocs/wp-includes/version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in **/home/vol7_6/epizy.com/epiz_27413664/htdocs/wp-settings.php** on line **33**

**Fatal error**: require(): Failed opening required '/home/vol7_6/epizy.com/epiz_27413664/htdocs/wp-includes/version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear/') in **/home/vol7_6/epizy.com/epiz_27413664/htdocs/wp-settings.php** on line **33**

I understand it can’t find a file/directory where it is supposed to, so I should try the manual update once again? :face_with_head_bandage:

I think it got curropted.

Try this?

2 Likes

Thank you both for the help. I just fixed.

Checking the path I assumed it got corrupted somewhere inside the “wp-includes” directory, so I proceded to upload its content once more from my PC and as of now it is back online and working. :partying_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.