Whmcs chmod 777

**My website URL is: testingsytespace.epizy.com

**What I’m seeing is: Permissions Error

The templates compiling directory ‘/home/vol3_5/epizy.com/epiz_24042692/whmcsdata/templates_c’ must be writeable (CHMOD 777) before you can continue.
If the path shown is incorrect, you can update it in the configuration.php file.

**I’m using this software: WHMCS

**Additional information: just installed WHMCS from Softaculous app installer and when i try and go to the website the above error comes up. im not sure how to fix it

Have you inputted the right license while you installed WHMCS? If not, you’re using a nulled software, and should be uninstalled immediately.
However, scripts that write data outside of their htdocs folders are not supported due to the open_basedir settings. Uninstall the script, and install it by changing whmcsdata to htdocs/whmcsdata on the Data Directory Field. The screenshot below shows the Data Directory field and what you should change:

If you want to render whmcsdata not accessible to the Web, you should create a .htaccess file on that folder with these contents:
Deny from all
and save the changes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.