Why do you inject javascript to HTML-onlly webpage?

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

as a test, one page website with HTML only content was created and the expectation is that the content should be acessible to a wide-variety of user agents eg. Lynx, Elinks.

However, you are injecting the following javascript code

<script type="text/javascript" src="/aes.js" ></script><script>function toNumbers(d){var e=[];d.replace(/(..)/g,function(d){e.push(parseInt(d,16))});return e}function toHex(){for(var d=[],d=1==arguments.length&&arguments[0].constructor==Array?arguments[0]:arguments,e="",f=0;f<d.length;f++)e+=(16>d[f]?"0":"")+d[f].toString(16);return e.toLowerCase()}var a=toNumbers("f655ba9d09a112d4968c63579db590b4"),b=toNumbers("98344c2eee86c3994890592585b49f80"),c=toNumbers("447e03f4657c476ac7aad90267e5f060");document.cookie="__test="+toHex(slowAES.decrypt(c,2,a,b))+"; expires=Thu, 31-Dec-37 23:55:55 GMT; path=/"; location.href="http://containernative.42web.io/?i=1";</script>

Error Message

This site requires Javascript to work, please enable Javascript in your browser or use a browser with Javascript support.

Other Information

why are you injecting the following JavaScript code in the page ?
what is the purpose of this code ?

5 Likes

Please see the attached screenshot of the javascript code that is injected in the page.

Why do you inject the code ?

See my reply.

What is your reply ?

A clean HTML website need not have javascript or depend on PHP or MySQL etc and for maximum reach should be accessible from browsers which dont support javascript.

So, why are you injecting Javascript in HTML page ?

You have not replied to the query.

Are you able to understand what is being asked ?

Did you read?

5 Likes

Yes i did.

The question is very simple, “Why do you inject javascript to an HTML-only web page ?”

A clean HTML-only website is still a website.

Can you answer that ?

If you dun understand after reading the 2 articles, let me explain in simple terms.
In order to use free hosting, accept this javascript intrusion.
Else you may upgrade to premium hosting to avoid this hassle.
There is no free lunch in this world.
These are the tradeoffs.

1 Like

Why have you not mentioned this in the terms of service ?

Why have you been mis-representing the “javascript injection” inside a web page ?

The articles you refer to have been authored very poorly and prima-facie it appears that you have the intention to hide the “javascript injection” from a new signup, by unscruplously blabbering about “usage”, “cpu seconds” etc etc. In simple words, getting the unsuspecting user to focus elsewhere !

A clean HTML-only website is still a website.

How can you say that it is file sharing ?

Isn’t the first step towards spreading malware is to inject javascript in a HTML website ???

You obviously did not read or you do read with very poor understanding.
The javascript is meant to ensure only web browser access.
Apparently, your Lynx, Elinks etc are not web browsers and hence are being blocked.
Pls read the knowledgebase at https://support.infinityfree.net/ before proceeding with your ramblings.

4 Likes

Isn’t the first step towards spreading malware is to inject javascript in a HTML website ???

The key issue is “injecting javascript” inside a web page !

The articles you refer to have been authored very poorly and prima-facie it appears that you have the intention to hide the “javascript injection” from a new signup, by unscruplously blabbering about “usage”, “cpu seconds” etc etc. In simple words, getting the unsuspecting user to focus elsewhere !

Why are you scared to mention about javascript injection in your terms of service ???

I am just a volunteer in this community forum. If you have so much grievance against InfinityFree, I suggest you dun use the free web hosting service here. Being free comes with a lot of restrictions. If it is not for you, just go elsewhere.

2 Likes

Hey @free_software
WIth your explanation I can clearly see that you didn’t take a look at those articles.
JavaScript is injected in codes to prevent automated scripts/bots accessing your websites and prevent wasting resources and HELP you.

And for a very very basic static website I prefer some other hosting like github Pages, netlify or any other free hosting platforms.

If you still ask the same question, Admin will have to post the same article.

And your name is very suspicious(software?) Are you giving downloads in your website?
6 Likes

In short if you don’t understand a thing doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a reason for.
We already have mentioned Javascript injection as a security purpose, it prevents your website from being visited by viruses and bots. If you’ve knowledge in Javascript you’ll understand that it only verifies that your site is being accessed through browser.

If you’re accusing people for because you think they don’t understand you. Then you’re either a prince or living inside cotton.

5 Likes