Why do you inject javascript to HTML-onlly webpage?

I’m not sure what you are accusing people of here. Yes. we run security systems to protect your website and our servers. Any sane hosting provider does this, because nobody wants to have their website impacted by a noisy neighbor getting attacked. And the simple fact that many, many, many people using web hosting are not experienced security engineers and may make errors which make their website vulnerable.

Don’t believe? Just look around this forum. Tons of people using outdated and/or pirated software. And dumping unfiltered POST data into an SQL query (a massive SQL injection vulnerability) seems to be the norm with custom coded sites here.

And we’re by no means “hiding” the use of these security systems. We explain what they do and why we use them in our knowledge base and our forum, all of which you can see before signing up. Yes, there isn’t a flashing red banner and an alarm sound at the registration page saying THIS HOSTING PROVIDER TRIES TO PROTECT WEBSITES WITH JAVASCRIPT. If we added a warning like that anyone told us “you should tell people about XXX before signing up”, you’d spend half an hour clicking away warning boxes. And I hope I don’t have to explain why that’s not helping anyone.

Yes, the terms of service contain very little specifics about limits and security systems. That’s because we regularly tune and adapt the limits in order to best protect the performance and availability of our platform and the sites running on it. The terms of service is first and foremost a legal document, not a technical one.

7 Likes

Why dont you mention about javascript injection in your terms of service ?

It’s as simple as that.

At signup a potential user reads terms of service and makes a decision whether to sign up or not.

Why is there a need for a “volunteer” to pose as admin or representative of InfinityFree and keep writing stuff which is beyond his/her purview ?

None of your replies or soundarahari’s for that matter have been useful in any way !

@Admin if you perform automated javascript injection to content conveyed from a account hosted on your server, you need to clearly state that in your terms of service.

This is precisely required for the reason you mention, the terms of service is first and formost a legal document !

Did that help ?

None of your replies or soundarahari’s for that matter have been useful in any way !

Glad that mine and @Admin’s reply didn’t help. Seems like you don’t understand things!

Oh little kid, we aren’t representative, we are community members who help people here,

And again TOS is a legal document and not a technical one.

So still if you want to post the same question, I will post the same answer again.

Have a great day!

4 Likes

Your under the terms of InfinityFree. Stop insulting the people whom are helping you. If you read the privacy policy enough it will mention , most likely, something about the websites being on IF’s systems so they can put what they want

4 Likes

^
v

4 Likes

Hello, @free_software
Do actually want to have bots or crawls to access your website???

Remember, this hosting is shared hosting (not dedicated) it means that you’re sharing resources with other user

Imagine crawls or bots and inject an virus into your website

Seriously it’ll infect other website (hosted on IF) too

And remember maybe someone wants his/her want to be protected from spam/bots/crawls to visit his/her website
And imagine this protection removed
Seriously it’ll bring a ton of security holes

And @free_software do you understand what we’re saying???

If not then go inspect that javascript code

If you can’t what does that javascript code do then PLEASE learn javascript

If you still don’t understand what we’re talking about go try to open your own server! and go ask many crawlers and hackers to hack and crawl your own site/server!

And if you still don’t understand then go AWAY and search another hosting that doesn’t have this protection and then all crawlers and hackers will go attack your website and then congrats your website is now :boom: !

2 Likes

@anon77371365 if you perform automated javascript injection to content conveyed from a account hosted on your server, you need to clearly state that in your terms of service.

This is precisely required for the reason you mention, the terms of service is first and formost a legal document !

Did that help ?

@HaydenANG if you perform automated javascript injection to content conveyed from a account hosted on your server, you need to clearly state that in your terms of service.

Did that help ?

NOT ME

@Erraticstuff if you perform automated javascript injection to content conveyed from a account hosted on your server, you need to clearly state that in your terms of service.

Did you understand what i am trying to convey ?

Your now spamming messages, and no. When you understand enough about hosting and policies to give me a valid argument, And admin, a grown adult a valid argument of which you have half a chance of being taken seriously. THEN talk

3 Likes

So you made me read the whole TOS(I wasted time for an spammer lol :joy: ).

Now here we go,

9. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE

InfinityFree reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that InfinityFree shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.

Certain services provided by InfinityFree are resold. Thus, certain equipment, routing, software, and programming used by InfinityFree are not directly owned or written by InfinityFree. InfinityFree shall not be responsible for any changes in services provided by a 3rd party provider, also will not be held liable for any damage or loss which may arise from service disruption provided by a 3rd party provider. InfinityFree will show highest interest to make sure that that services provided by a 3rd party are running smoothly and correctly, and will contact the 3rd party provider when changes or fixes are needed, however the time needed for any fix or alteration will not be decided by InfinityFree and InfinityFree will not be held liable for any fixes or alterations to be performed on a product provided by a 3rd party in a definite time frame.

from Terms of Service - InfinityFree
So changes of services = Modification in hosting/service,

So now do you understand this or should I call a special person to explain you?

3 Likes

Interesting :thinking: Which legally makes it not countable against

2 Likes

so he shd start spamming ifastnet?

JK

I’m gonna write something here, if he writes same thing to me too then he’s just a spam bot.

2 Likes

Also @free_software
You shouldn’t act like a boss
Because YOU’RE NOT THE OWNER OF InfinityFree!

And why do you care about that “injected JS”?
That “injected JS” DOESN’T AFFECT ANY PERFOMANCE OF YOUR WEBSITE! THAT JS CODE IS FOR ADDITIONAL PROTECTION ONLY!

3 Likes

The owner of infinityfree knows:

4 Likes

Relax…

6 Likes

hmm, Invite chill here?

2 Likes