Why does an image of my website not appear when I share its link on facebook?

I have social share in my website I tried to share the blog post to facebook as you see it share the link but not show the thumbnail image

திருமண பொருத்தம் – Thirumana Porutham.

meta tag og:image also show the link

<meta property="og:image" content="https://www.porivaayil.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/stars.jpg" />

I’m using Wordpress:

It show the following error

This security system blocks any embedding in other websites for sites hosted on free hosting, including the fancy OpenGraph boxes:

https://infinityfree.net/support/javascript-error-using-api-or-mobile-android-app/

2 Likes

@Meganathan

You can use Cloudflare to avoid some of the problems mentioned by the admin and of course speed up your site and other benefits that CF provides.

2 Likes

@Oxy I enable the cloud flare from cpanel. How to install the cloud flare free SSL

1 Like

I checked and Cloudflare’s SSL is already installed on the network for your website. If you can’t find it, please clear your browser cache, flush your DNS cache, or if it doesn’t work, configure a faster DNS resolver like 1.1.1.1 or OpenDNS on your device.

4 Likes

Have anyone have a solution for this problem? I have install a SSL cetificate using CloudFlare DNS, but still Facebook is blocking the Open Graph meta. One solution that I figure is to install the certificate chain inside the hosting SSL, but InfinityFree doesn’t provide certificate chain for free, as we must buy premium to get the it. Please is there any other solution to this because I need to have image and description when I share my web link to Facebook. Any help or suggestion is really appreciated.

As with what the Admin said, the anti-bot protection system will block facebook bots; unless the bots are capable of executing javascript. But most likely the bot cannot execute javascript and fail the test.

3 Likes

Hi there, therefore, the only solution is to register the premium hosting?

You could also configure Cloudflare on your website, either by using the cPanel integration or by signing up directly and changing the nameservers to their ones. Cloudflare bypasses some of the browser checks, and so could bypass the security system, but not disable it at all.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot. I have rectified the problem by enabling CloudFlare in my CPanel. Then, login into CloudFlare Dashboard, and change SSL setting into Full. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.