Why does my domain have 2 different IP addreses? It causes unpredictable results

diktat.rf.gd

The address sometimes shows ‘suspended-website’ and sometimes the correct website. A friendly contributor pointed out that it might be because the domain refers to two different IP-addresses which results in unpredictable behaviour.

Link to digwebinterface.com, showing 2 different IP addresses.

I’m using a free account, but I don’t know how good the service would be if switched to a paid one. Really doubting on how this service works.

How can the problem be solved? Any ideas for a temporary solution, for example target the one ip-address that shows the correct website?

1 Like

The free hosting cluster is currently being expanded and upgraded but it’s a bumpy ride. Multiple IP addresses in DNS is one of those issues. iFastNet is working hard to get everything set up correctly which includes this issue.

There is no workaround sadly if you’re using a free subdomain.

2 Likes

Thanks. What would have been the work around with a paid subdomain? Also, how long do you think it’s going to take?

Not a paid subdomain.
The alternatives to a free InfinityFree subdomain are

• a free domain
  • a paid domain
3 Likes

well… question is still the same though… what would be the workaround with a paid domain instead of a free subdomain? It has been like this for several days now, I don’t know if I want to pay for a service without knowing how much hassle the workaround is going to be.

If you had a custom domain name, you could move it to third party nameservers and only set the right IP address in there.

Another fix that comes to mind is to remove the domain name from your account and then add it again. That should recreate the DNS records and fix your domain that way.

1 Like

You don’t have to pay to host your website(s) in InfinityFree.
I don’t know what’s happening with the servers. Admin already told you that they are upgrading their infrastructure and these problems are occurring because of that.

Like you read, according to him this problem occurs with free subdomains.
So, while there isn’t a fix, the alternative is to add either a free or a paid domain to your InfinityFree account.

InfinityFree doesn’t provide any of them. You will have to get them somewhere else and then add them here and then do this:
How to add your own domain to your account - Docs - InfinityFree Forum.

The only free domain provider that i know of is freenom.com .
If you don’t want to spend money on a domain, you can check them out.

UPDATE: I was writing at the same time of admin’s previous post and only saw his after posting. But he had answered you already.
UPDATE 2: Ignore the whole post since I hadn’t noticed that you already had a custom domain.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.