Why is my website look like this? (iFastnet...)

Great… My website won’t come back forever…

That’s what happens from a DDoS attack. And Admin is denying that one happened. So sorry for you :sob:

1 Like

What is DDos?
I want my website back!! Any way to do it?? :cry:

I found an article from MDN about DDoS here: Distributed Denial of Service - MDN Web Docs Glossary: Definitions of Web-related terms | MDN. Based on the support ticket you shared, I don’t think there’s any way to get your website back. Again, so sorry for you!

1 Like

The message says Abuse, so that’s not because of DDoS. Only the hits limit is because of that.

Unfortunately, I find that true.

So how can I fix the problem?

Since you account was suspended for Abuse, that is your own fault. Unfortunately, it sounds like you will not be able to get your account back unless you upgrade. There is no other fix.

But I have never abused it! Why?

As @GreenReader9 said,
You went over the inode limit, which is considered Abuse.
You also appear to be heavily attacked, and you went over the Monthly hit limit of 800k hits/month, which is also Abuse, although there is not much you can do about it now.

But in the future, I suggest using CloudFlare and keep an eye on the inode count. WordPress can fill that (the inode count) up quickly, especially with lots of plugins.

1 Like

Can I change my website to a new account?

Yes, you will have to wait 60 days until the account is deleted, and then you can add it again. If you are using an InfinityFree subdomain, you cannot move it to another host.

You should request a backup of your site so you can upload it with ease.

EDIT: If you use a new email address, you will be banned.

@Greenreader9

where you see that inodes is mentioned ??

How can I request a backup of my site?

You just reply back to the support ticket and say something like:

I am requesting a backup of my files and databases.

Honestly don’t know. I edited the answer.

Just reply to the ticket per what @wackyblackie said. Depending on the content of your site, your request may or may not happen.

Hold on, where do you think I said anything like that?

I’m not going to deny the possibility of a DDoS attack. Actually, I think it’s actually quite likely that a sudden spike in traffic is caused by a DDoS attack.

But what difference does it make?

If your website gets hit by a sufficiently large DDoS attack, it will go down. This is true for websites of almost any size.

InfinityFree systems have been hit with DDoS attacks that have brought down our systems. The free hosting platform itself also gets it’s fair share of attacks that can cause various degrees of impact.

DDoS attacks are awful. They are very hard to fight back against and can cause a lot of damage.

So suppose that DDoS attacks are indeed the cause of this. Suppose your site is under a DDoS attack. That means we have to make a decision:

• Remove all the limits on your account so it can take the force of the attack, and accept that this may slow down or even bring down the server and other related systems, causing impact to many thousands of other users.
  • Pay a fortune on server and network capacity just so a handful of free hosting sites can get attacked without overloading the system.
  • Say goodbye to you and a few others so we can provide a great service to the 99.999% of the people who are not being attacked.

We choose that last option, and I think it’s the best decision to give a great service to as many people as possible, even if that’s not everyone.

Which option do you think we should choose?

1 Like

Here:

I agree

Oh. Well none of us knew that before, and that lack of knowledge partnered with your above reply lead me (And apparently others) to believe you didn’t care, or didn’t want to acknowledge what is happening. I agree with your position and action, but I due believe you should have informed us of this (Or we will go off making our own assumptions).

Can’t you temporarily take down the servers during this, and than release suspensions after it ends?

I said there wasn’t no indication of an error in the usage calculations or suspensions. I stand by that statement.

That doesn’t mean it was 100% legitimate traffic. DDoS traffic is also traffic. And these suspensions were triggered by too much traffic, as they are intended to do.

I didn’t state this because I believed this to be common sense. Please forgive me if I assumed incorrectly.

Any company providing anything is going to terminate the agreement if you’re causing undue load on them and causing harm to other customers. Insurance companies will refuse you if you make too many claims. A bar owner will kick you out if you’re drunk and disturbing other guests. A shop owner will point you the door if you’re hanging out all day and never buy anything.

And hosting companies will kick you out if your site is the target of DDoS attacks which harm the services of other people.

That’s basically what happens when an entire website IP is taken down.

The thing is that taking down a website IP takes down many thousands of sites in the process. That’s a big impact so that’s something we want to avoid as much as possible. And almost all of those sites were not the target of the attack and are simply collateral damage.

Sure, we could just wait until the attack is over and bring everything back online as if nothing happened. But if the site is still the target of an attacker, it may be attacked again, which results in more downtime for many people.

Or, we can cut off the service of the sites which were attacked so hopefully the attackers won’t have a reason to attack our servers again, and we don’t have to take down the sites of so many people.

We want to provide a great free service to as many people as possible. But unfortunately, to do that, we sometimes need to say goodbye to some people who are a threat to that.

1 Like

I would do what my family has done for years: leave find another service, decide it is no good and migrate back to the original.

After your explanation @Admin, I realized that I made horrible assumptions, and I am sorry.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.