Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate

Username Ndousa,

Error: Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate.

I have followed all steps on the forum to complete the SSL certificate. I updated my web browser and my Windows.
But it still says “Windows does not have enough information to verify this certificate”. It says that the SSL certificate is invalid even though I followed all instructions.
When I search my website, it say it is “https” but is invalid and the website is insecure.

Windows version:

Windows version: Windows 10 Home
version: 21H1
Installed on: 8/‎13/‎2021
OS build: 19043.1165
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

can you provide a screenshot of the error and the domain referring to?

Since I’m a new user infinity didn’t let me paste in the picture’s so I uploaded them in Mega.nz folder

The website is: https://dous2priv3.cf/

You should do this

2 Likes

Likely due to this…

it looks like you did not install certificate as shown in the screenshot2. It is still using a self-signed certificate! read this on how to install…

I already installed the SSL certificate and it also says “valid ssl certificate is installed”. So that’s not the problem.
I have followed all the steps and I think something went wrong with the setup DNS record.
One of the current destinations is not working.

DNS is just for verification of domain rights. Request you to wait for at least 24 hours, due to “DNS caching”.

You have installed an SSL certificate from the “Self Signed” provider. This certificate isn’t trusted by browsers. It even says so in the comparison table.

So can you please try to add the domain again to the Free SSL Certificates tool and select the “Let’s Encrypt” provider this time? Then, request a certificate from there and install that to your account.

Right, I can see how that is misleading. “Valid” is this case means “this is an actual SSL certificate that can be used for connection encryption”, not “SSL certificate that is recognized by browsers”.

2 Likes

Where did you get your SSL certificate from? Did you obtain it via InfinityFree, or did you get the files from somewhere else (or worse, did you just create a local self-signed one) to upload?

Nevermind, Admin already reached this same conclusion - I must learn to read an entire thread before replying to the initial poster :laughing: :laughing: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.