Woocommerce won't activate

Woocommerce installation says “Update failed” until I refresh the page but then it won’t activate after installation, it keep showing this error

“” Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error .

rning : include_once(/home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_23608849/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-woocommerce.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_23608849/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/woocommerce.php on line **24

Warning** : include_once(): Failed opening ‘/home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_23608849/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-woocommerce.php’ for inclusion (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/pear/’) in /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_23608849/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/woocommerce.php on line **24

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Class ‘WooCommerce’ not found in /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_23608849/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/woocommerce.php:34 Stack trace: #0 /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_23608849/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/woocommerce.php(38): WC() #1 /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_23608849/htdocs/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(2050): include(‘/home/vol9_5/ep…’) #2 /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_23608849/htdocs/wp-admin/plugins.php(175): plugin_sandbox_scrape(‘woocommerce/woo…’) #3 {main} thrown in /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_23608849/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/woocommerce.php on line 34 “”

I have multiples website all hosted on a free plan of infinityfree.net, and independent from each other and they all showcase this erorr I installed

I’ve installed Woocommerce directly through the dashboard and use the same process for each of my website. I’ve heard It may be caused by unsupported PHP version but on each on my website the PHP vers. is 7.0, at least that what it says on CPANEL.

Wordpress version is 5.2.0

Help would be gladly appreciated.

I want you to do a thing. goto /wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/woocommerce.php and jump to line 24. and check the include_once(). tell me is it

include_once(/home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_23608849/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-woocommerce.php)

or

include_once(wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-woocommerce.php)

It sounds like the Woocommerce update broke halfway and corrupted the plugin. There are a few ways you can try to fix this.

The first way is to remove Woocommerce and then install it again. If you can still access the WordPress admin area, you can disable the plugin from there. If the WordPress admin area is unreachable, you can manually remove the plugin by going to a file manager or FTP client, navigating to the htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ folder and removing the woocommerce folder there. With the old plugin installation removed, you should be able to reinstall the plugin as usual.

Alternatively, you can try to repair the existing installation. To do so, download a fresh copy of Woocommerce, extract it on your computer, and then copy it’s contents to the htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce folder in your hosting account, overwriting any existing files. The easiest way to do so is with a desktop FTP client like FileZilla. This should add any missing files and fix any corrupted ones.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.