Wordpress another update is in process

I was trying to update my WordPress version then it says that “another update is in the process” I tried to get rid of it but couldn’t. Then after some time, it started giving some error like “505 bad gateways” and now after I typed my domain it is not even opening my site. Please help me that how to solve it. :frowning:

It sounds like the upgrade went wrong and corrupted your installation.

Fortunately, this is usually fairly easy to fix. What you can do is download a fresh copy of WordPress, extract it on your computer and then upload the files on top of your existing website, overwriting any files as you go.

Is it possible to use softaculous instead of the manual installation for this pupose?

Of course, that’s why softaculous is actually added, or you thought it’s decorative?

OH! I’m sorry @MrJunior… Of course, I know that. I’m not stupid. I was asking nicely here based on the case of @MFRecruitment and I am not asking for your opinion. I’m hoping from @admin, so please keep your words out here if you couldn’t participate in a decent way.

Softaculous can install a fresh copy of WordPress, but isn't so great in fixing broken installations. If deleting the old installation and reinstalling it isn't an option, then you have to get your hands dirty.

@MrJunior Softaculous is what's called a "Script Installer", not a "Script Fixer".

Admin said:
Softaculous can install a fresh copy of WordPress, but isn't so great in fixing broken installations. If deleting the old installation and reinstalling it isn't an option, then you have to get your hands dirty.
This is well noted. Thank you.