Wordpress error

this is what is see when i want to access my website

did you get an email from your website regarding “There has been a critical error on this website” and the domain you are referring to? That email contains what the errors were and then we can try to fix this. Also next time please fill in the template.

i havent received an email from my website

Can you give a screenshot of the log? This might help you error…

1 Like

That only works if SMTP mail is setup on the website. Try turning on WordPress debugging mode.

There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Learn more about debugging in WordPress.

this is the message i get when i try access my website
how can i solve it?

did you get an email from your website regarding “There has been a critical error on this website” and the domain you are referring to? That email contains what the errors were and then we can try to fix this. Also next time please fill in the template.

This might help you, to debug if you’re interested!

i just tried this and it hasnt helped at all

@Greenreader9
how do i turn on wordpress debugging mode?

@jaikrishna.t

this is what i see

What is “this”

Also, please don’t create multiple topics.

1 Like

@Greenreader9
still not helping, i have copied the entire debugging code to my wp-config.php file but my website is still behaving the same

after enabling debugging mode, a new file named debug.log will be available. can u send a screenshot of that? It is basically the log we can look at if the email was not received!

@jaikrishna.t
i dont seem to find the file
this is how i have edited the config.php file, and yet i cant see the folder “debug.log”

@Dancan, The configuration seems to fine! But I don’t have a reason why the log file doesn’t show up🤔. Btw, is this a new website? If it is, I recommend you to reinstall WordPress. Next time while using WordPress, please install WP Mail SMTP and setup, so that next time if such an error occurs, you can find the issue easily then! Whenever I got such an error, I had been following this Kinsta Guide; and It worked for me almost everytime…
How to Fix the “There Has Been a Critical Error on Your Website” Error (kinsta.com)

I don’t know what you did, but all debug options were set to false. After changing them to true, the following error message was generated:

Warning: require_once(/home/vol14_7/epizy.com/epiz_25978019/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/options.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vol14_7/epizy.com/epiz_25978019/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/updraftplus.php on line 219

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/vol14_7/epizy.com/epiz_25978019/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/options.php’ (include_path=‘.:/usr/share/pear/’) in /home/vol14_7/epizy.com/epiz_25978019/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/updraftplus.php on line 219

So it seems that the updraft plugin was corrupted.

You can disable it like this and restore access to your website:

After that, you can try to reinstall it.

That said, I would recommend against installing Updraft. Script time limits and file size limits prevent such scripts from working correctly here, and creating the backups uses a ton of CPU and IO power and is frequently the cause of repeated suspensions for hitting those limits.

2 Likes

@Admin
really helped. thanks
my website is up and running

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.