WordPress Help

i just spent 3+ hours deleting all my files and my database and then reuploading from a backup. I have this to show for it: http://mikesmarket.rf.gd/

Total garbage! I only wanted access to my listings so I could transfer them to a site that actually works. Can someone fix this buggy server so it stops breaking my website?

Our server is working fine. This is not a problem with the hosting, but rather with the support you’ve been given.

One person in the other topic around this, @KangJL gave the right answer. Please do what they said, because as the owner of this service and the experience I’ve had with it, I can assure you that this is the one and only right answer:

This is a community support forum, so you’ll get answer from other community members. Most times these answers are relevant and useful, but sometimes they are not optimal or even applicable.

It seems that this is what happened in the other topic. So to be clear:

• You don’t need to reinstall your site.
  • You should not restore your site from a backup.
  • You should not go around patching individual files.

Just upload a fresh copy of WordPress on top of your entire site, and you can bring your site up without any further issues or data loss.

4 Likes

Enable debug mode, then share the error.

Seriously? You are the one who deleted the files, then broke it yourself, how is it the servers problem??

It’s not the updates, because I disabled them before it broke last time. I didn’t have time to disable them this time, but my backup should’ve come disabled anyway, since updates were all disabled when I did the backup.

It broke by itself before. I disabled all updates, did nothing to it, and it broke spontaneously one day. That was many months ago. I tried to use my backup just to get my listings, because I don’t know where they are in the raw backup.

I can’t enable debug mode, as you can see, since my website is totally broken.

Um did you upload the database backup also??

Yes, database too. I enabled debug mode. It still says:

There has been a critical error on this website.

Learn more about debugging in WordPress.

Check the error log?

OK, I deleted all the garbage that help file told me to add, and just changed ‘WP_DEBUG’ to true.

It says Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function _wp_array_get() in /home/vol5_2/epizy.com/epiz_27362232/htdocs/wp-includes/block-supports/align.php:18 Stack trace: #0 /home/vol5_2/epizy.com/epiz_27362232/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-block-supports.php(153): wp_register_alignment_support(Object(WP_Block_Type)) #1 /home/vol5_2/epizy.com/epiz_27362232/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-block-supports.php(67): WP_Block_Supports->register_attributes() #2 /home/vol5_2/epizy.com/epiz_27362232/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): WP_Block_Supports::init(‘’) #3 /home/vol5_2/epizy.com/epiz_27362232/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #4 /home/vol5_2/epizy.com/epiz_27362232/htdocs/wp-includes/plugin.php(484): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /home/vol5_2/epizy.com/epiz_27362232/htdocs/wp-settings.php(557): do_action(‘init’) #6 /home/vol5_2/epizy.com/epiz_27362232/htdocs/wp-config.php(90): require_once(‘/home/vol5_2/ep…’) #7 /home/vol5_2/epizy.com/epiz_27362232/htdocs/wp-load.php(37): re in /home/vol5_2/epizy.com/epiz_27362232/htdocs/wp-includes/block-supports/align.php on line 18

This?

Looks like a few months means, an older wp version. Some compatibility issues I guess.

I forcibly disabled updates in wp admin right away when i made my website. it must’ve ignored my pleas and forced the update on me against my will. they must be friends with windows 10

It will probably just remove the code for me when I’m not looking.

no, in most WordPress upgrades it won’t be touched.

I put that line in my wp_config and then reuploaded my wp_includes folder, telling filezilla to replace only if the file is a different size. It seems to be working so far. Nice! I wonder when it will break next. :roll_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.