Wordpress recovery to edit...HEEELP

Hello…
I have my site and it works fine as it is. I do not want to make major changes but it stuck again so i can’t edit via dashboard in wordpress. I can though edit it in recovery mode if i want to.

I am happy this way but i was wondering if this might cause me any troubles.
I also want to know if not updating my plugins (because i don’t need to) might cause me any problems in the future.

I use the site to host my radio in a different server via link and to advertise two sites where i write articles, so editing is not necessery for me.

Thanks a lot.

Try deactivating one plugin after enough to see which plugin may be causing the issue.

3 Likes

Yes i understood that but the previous time i did that i had to disable the whole site.
Now if i keep the site this way could any problems appear in the future?

That depends on whether you intend to stop installing updates to WordPress too. If you do install updates to WordPress, you risk that your old plugins are no longer compatible with the latest version of WordPress. And if you don’t update WordPress, your website will be vulnerability to any security issues which are already fixed in newer versions of WordPress.

Although an old plugin can also make your site vulnerable to attacks.

3 Likes

So if i update my plugins via recovery mode there wont be any issues right.
I mean if i try to fix that now my site might stop, and that’s why i don’t update it.
But as i see it i can update it via recovery mode. It’s the same i suppose.Right?

I don’t think any recovery mode will help here. The issue is that the script installation is too big or too slow to fit within the limits of free hosting. The only way to bypass that is by uploading the plugin code over FTP. I don’t see how a recovery mode would make the plugin installation script run faster.

2 Likes

IN recovery mode i could update plugins without problems and now i can enter control panel as usual.
Everything is fine. So i think it can help to return to what i need.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.