WordPress Rest API

https://x-mart.xyz

I have been trying to use a Quic.cloud CDN. For my site but have been facing issues with WordPress rest api.

I reached out to quic.cloud support they said
The hosting server may have a firewall which is blocking the rest api but i am not using any firewalls and I also tried to turn off the cloudflare still it same no change also tried to turn off all my plugins but failed again.

I am confused and Now only one thing comes in my mind the infinityfree server is blocking rest api call how can i fix this ?

Or I had to change the hosting service

Perhaps it is this:

4 Likes

But Few days ago the rest api was working fine. the problem started when I shifted to cloudflare from quic.cloud to fix another issue now the site is totally blocking rest api.

So you just recently switched to Cloudflare?

Note that DNS changes take some time to take effect, so it can take up to 72 hours before the API starts working.

4 Likes

I changed it 4 days ago.
:pensive:

My Main problem is that my site is slow. Can any one suggest me how I can do that ?

It definitely won’t work if you’re not using Cloudflare due to the security system outlined above. With Cloudflare, it should work, as long as Cloudflare’s security system doesn’t interfere.

But if you already have Cloudflare, static files are already served through their CDN, so why add another CDN?

Your site is indeed not very fast. But checking the list of plugins on your site, I see you’re using both Woocommerce and Elementor, which are both very heavy plugins which require powerful hosting to run fast. And we can’t provide that kind of server power for free.

I would also suggest to remove any unnecessary plugins from your site. For example, there are traces of the LiteSpeed Cache plugin, but we don’t use the LiteSpeed web server, and without the accompanying server software that plugin causes more performance issues than it solves.

6 Likes

Thanks but I have tired the light speed cache plugin and it’s quic.cloud CDN they reduced the loading speed about 70% , Due to Some issue i can’t connect to quic.cloud again because of rest api blocking.
Please guide me what I can do next ?

Don’t you have to change your nameservers in order to use quic.cloud? If you are still using epizy nameservers, it won’t be as helpful…

3 Likes

Do Nameservers effects rest api calls ?

Um, yes.

The nameservers point to where the website is located. So any incoming requests will go to wherever your nameservers are pointed to.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.