WordPress update went south

I went to update WordPress and it errored out and now I can’t access the site. What do I do? I tried to update the site via Ftp afterwards with no luck.

Error Message

1st message: was unable to update or something like that.

2nd message and final message: There has been a critical error on this website.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.

Now all I see is the 2nd message no matter what I do.

Please read this thread

2 Likes

I am also trying to update WordPress to version 6.1, but I am having problems. If anyone has managed to update it, tell us how you did it

If you broke your WordPress site already, you can fix it by following this guide:

If you installed WordPress with Softaculous, you can also update WordPress with Softaculous, which is generally much more reliable than using the built-in updater. Our Softaculous server doesn’t have WordPress 6.1 yet, but I know Softaculous has packages for WordPress 6.1, so it won’t be long until our Softaculous server has it as well.

5 Likes

I was able to update and fix the site once the update appeared in the softaculous section as an outdated install. I had trouble intially getting to that section but once it opened I hit update and it fixed everything.

1 Like

After updating softaculous, the update was successful. Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m glad it worked for you too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.