Www.domain.xyz and domain.xyz loading different pages

www.remote-voting.xyz

I am seeing diferent pages when I type www.remote-voting.xyz and remote-voting.xyz

IThe domain has been bought from namesilo

I had installed security certificate as well but suddenly it too has ceased working!

I checked and it seems like the DNS records are corrupted for the non-www version of the domain. Can you please try to remove and re-add the domain from the “Addon Domains” section of your Control Panel, then wait some time until the DNS changes have effect, and after that upload your software on remote-voting.xyz/htdocs/ and configure the database details if needed?

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer. Can you please guide me through the steps in a bit more detailed manner? Actually I am new to this.

To remove and re-add your domain from the “Addon Domains” section of your Control Panel, go to your Control Panel, then click on “Addon Domains”, then click on “Delete” that is at the right of your domain, and after that type your domain name (make sure you don’t add www. behind it) and click on the button to add it.

To upload your files, after waiting some time until the DNS changes have effect, configure FileZilla with the things present on this article, then go to your domain folder, then on htdocs and upload all your software files by dragging all the software files on the right tab. After that, if your software requires a MySQL database, go back to the home page of the Control Panel, and scroll down until you find “MySQL Databases”, on which you have to click to. If a database is already present with all the data needed by the software then go to your Client Area, and use the File Manager to go to your domain folder, then on htdocs and edit the configuration file with the database host and the database name present on the “MySQL Databases” section of the Control Panel, and the hosting account username and password you can find on the same page you used to open the Control Panel and the File Manager, scrolling down to “Account Details” and clicking on “Show/Hide” to show the password, then use it. If a database doesn’t exist, create one and configure the database on the configuration file with the same steps as before. If the software doesn’t require a database, skip those steps and do only the FTP one. If the software was already present on Softaculous then skip the FTP and MySQL database steps and install it through Softaculous.

5 Likes

Okay, I will give this a try and let you know

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.