XenForo Email Sending

When it needs me to verify my email, it doesn’t send me the email. When I use the little “Contact Us” button on the bottom of the forum, it sent to the email and also sent an extra copy to me. I tried emailing myself through XenForo’s admin panel, it still doesn’t send me the email. Am I supposed to do anything with the MX Records or something?

E-mail configuration can be a bit fiddly, but a good place to start would be our knowledge base article: https://infinityfree.net/support/email/php-mail

If still have any questions after reading the article, I’d be happy to answer them.

I don’t fully understand, does that mean you block some outgoing email?

I don’t fully understand, does that mean you block some outgoing email?

Yes, most outgoing e-mail is being blocked at the moment. To get consistently good results, I would recommend to switch to a third party e-mail sender (like Mailgun or Sendgrid) instead.

I was working on switching to Mailgun. When you told me to ask them for support, I asked them how to add the API to Roundcube, but they just said:

You would need to consult your application’s documentation to determine the type of email connections it supports. If your application can send emails programmatically via an API, then you will need to incorporate our API into the application. If the application supports SMTP, then you can use the following settings to setup your application.
SMTP Server: smtp.mailgun.org
Username/Password: These are found under the Domains tab. (Reference: https://help.mailgun.com/hc/en-us/articles/203380100-Where-can-I-find-my-API-key-and-SMTP-credentials-
Port: 25, 587 (TLS), 465 (SSL) (Reference: Which SMTP Port Should I Use? Understanding Ports 25, 465, & 587 | Mailgun)

For RoundCube, you’ll want to use the SMTP option. There are very few applications which support providers like Mailgun out of the box, using the API is mostly aimed at people who write their own stuff because the API is easier to work with in that case.

Note that it would have to be your own installation of Roundcube to make it work though, you can’t use custom SMTP servers from our webmail client.

So I shouldn’t use the domain’s email by Infinityfree? Would I need to use another email hoster or a mail server hosted on my network for XenForo email registration to work?

So I shouldn’t use the domain’s email by Infinityfree? Would I need to use another email hoster or a mail server hosted on my network for XenForo email registration to work?

Yes, that would probably be the best thing to do.

Another question, My friend said this:

Go to your xenforo admin cp - options - email option, and setup your SMTP etc

Does this actually work, or do mails still get blocked? (using Mailgun’s SMTP)

When using Mailgun’s SMTP server, we no longer control your e-mail delivery. So no, they will not be blocked. Why would we recommend them if we would block them anyways?

You block Mailgun from your services? And I only say mailgun since you said to use those, I really don’t know what else to use.

You block Mailgun from your services? And I only say mailgun since you said to use those, I really don’t know what else to use.

I’m sorry, maybe my previous message was not clear enough. So to confirm:

E-mail sent using external mail providers is NOT blocked or filtered in any way. Only e-mail sent DIRECTLY from our servers using PHP mail() is filtered.

Another question, If we use the SMTP server with XenForo, it would send mail but we can’t receive any mail because its going on their servers and not your RoundCube server, right?

Another question, If we use the SMTP server with XenForo, it would send mail but we can’t receive any mail because its going on their servers and not your RoundCube server, right?

Yes, Mailgun only provides outbound e-mail. Assuming you’re using our nameservers with default settings, the inbound e-mail will still go through the forwarders and mail boxes on our system.

Actually, Mailgun does have inbound processing, but it’s targeted at helping developers receive e-mail in their applications. They don’t provide mail boxes.

Domain nameservers or mail nameservers? Also, there are 2 MX records for mails. Mailgun’s mx record is priority 10, and yours are at 0. Do I need to delete the default one or will it sort automatically by priority levels?

Domain nameservers or mail nameservers? Also, there are 2 MX records for mails. Mailgun’s mx record is priority 10, and yours are at 0. Do I need to delete the default one or will it sort automatically by priority levels?

Mail servers are sorted by priority levels, in which record with the lowest number is tried first by the mail sender. However, I would not recommend using the nameservers from different mail providers on a single domain unless you really know what you’re doing.

I use Zoho for email. I’ve been very happy with them so far.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it’s free (a free account can only have 25 users but that should be fine for you). Also, each account gets 5GB of inbox storage and 5GB of document storage which should be more than enough.

I use Zoho for email. I’ve been very happy with them so far.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it’s free (a free account can only have 25 users but that should be fine for you). Also, each account gets 5GB of inbox storage and 5GB of document storage which should be more than enough.

Using something like Zoho for inboud e-mail is a great option! For outbound e-mails, they may not be very suitable because mail box providers tend to have quite low limits for e-mail sending. Off the top of my head, the limit on a Zoho free account is 100 messages per day.