Yes I did read you're copypaste reply that was a joke, I made /folder now no access?

Made a directory, ftp working fine uploads get put etc. Try to view asks for user and password. SUPER ! its what I wanted for drafts [not public, YET! ] anyway I’ve tried general login, whatever you guys named it, I’ve tried ftp login and even forum login but I still can’t view. I don’t recall making a password for directory, just assumed Cpanel login would work fine you know. But it doesn’t, thanks in advance for info regarding viewing my items inside directory(s), side note: this is minor because yes, I can work live so to speak in the public realm but wished to correct and edit till things were perfect beforehand you know so I don’t look like a hillbilly butt you know hahahaha!

Disregard, I fixed it on ACCIDENT HA! That was fast, I’m able to view in browser w/ ftp enabled and full on cookies. Could be because I wiped the .htaccess copies, but now its probably fully public, oh wellz at least I’m able to view and work on my misc. meaningless platitudes of whimsical serendipitous ponderings YaY!

in conclusion ,
to conclude ,
finally in brief (yes you can borrow those :slight_smile: ) Recap
: Can a few elaborate on why , (? what did you kids call it? standard Login …)
simple client-area login ,
or
ftp login OR Cpanel username and passwords did not work when trying to view pages inside my newly made directory ANYHOO!!! a dialogue box came up? and naturally nothing I tried worked whatever username/passwords I tried.

Actually I would have liked that to work and it was , but the username and password didn’t HA!

Thoughts ?

Are you referring to the Directory Privacy option? If so, you need to use the Username and Password you set up for the protected directory itself. You can view existing users and add new users through your control panl.

I’m not sure, I’ll look in to ,what was that again ? … scrolls up*

k, Directory Privacy option, okay, and will this have anything even remotely to do with an htaccess file? hope not, not too familiar, been a while since I’m messed with them much.

Oh! Thanks, I’ll be back to bug you some more I’m sure hahahhaa!

Oh edit timed out … yeah to recap, I had it working … kind of … but I certainly never went in to Cpanel … assumed it everything would work as a default of my numerous logins:;::: quote:
“” ftp login OR Cpanel username and passwords did not work when trying to view pages inside my newly made directory ANYHOO!!! a dialogue box came up? and naturally nothing I tried worked whatever username/passwords I tried.
Actually I would have liked that to work and it was , but the username and password didn’t HA!
"

But absolutely not , I tried numerous username and password combos NOTHING worked. I am now trying your Cpanel directory settings/privacy idea and I sure hope it doesn’t mess up my design program’s ftp now its very touchy or as the new php kids like to say Sketchy. :wink:

eeeeh , I set it in Cpanel, but it didn’t take, I can still jump in there and out with any browser and it doesn’t ask for anything like it had.

Now its really messed up * * giggles * * that was a joke /sarcasm , I mean wide open.

Update: so far its working and asks for access data with really crappy super old browsers, but new ones just go right in… more on this in a minute or two … trying other browsers again, maybe it just took a few minutes to take hold on your end.

k

brb (god … grrr spelling things out ::: BE aah right back kiddos YaY!
~~8~# : D

WOOOHOO! its working fine now, THANKS ! Mr. Admin ! I’m off for some icecream now … I hear it calling my name … I’m so HAPPY !

Minor quickie question, I made a weird named 54666465[DOT] php

… for an info file to check params in the future and put it in my root DIRECTORY, for safety of systems is that feature turned off ?

yah yahblah Cpanel, I know.

Hey thanks in advance, I’ll get out of your hair now that was a joke.
OH !
I was trying to protect my images in a subfolder with

RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(www\.)?mwoo.epizy.com/jnk22/3.*$ [NC]
RewriteRule \.(gif|jpg|jpeg|png|js|css)$ - [F]

… apropos/also , maybe relevant …
/home/vol4_4/epizy.com/epiz_20844453/htdocs/jnk22/3//.htpasswdBLAHDEEBLAHwhatever

… timed me out, as I was mentioning for the second part #2 inquiry re: blocking pic linking / protecting images::::
This string seems to not work well, tried various ways w/ results to the default DIRECTORY view in browsers
or OR ! just a blank X no image showing box where image is. No hurries at all on reply … thoughts are certainly welcome on my end.

I was hoping not to resort to some java fun but I suppose I could, just thought there was a simple way to protect images from being hotlinked, but maybe not. Not a biggy.

k, I got one directory to work w/ img linking blocked and then whew another dir inside that that’s like really blocked off so everything is working great and I’m so glad I didn’t fire off and endless loop
hahahahahaa! okay toodles and all that ! Time for a break in the day after that crap

UPDATE: so disregard previous inquiry … or two , or three hahaha!

Hmm, was also wondering about making my own default error pages.
I kind of wanted the 401 to have a BACK or at least a link to home page. Just a thought.