Your server has disabled a core PHP function

I am trying to install XenForo in my free hosting.
But it gives me the following initial errors:

Your server has disabled a core PHP function exec via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
Your server has disabled a core PHP function escapeshellarg via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
Your server has disabled a core PHP function proc_open via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
Your server has disabled a core PHP function popen via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
Your server has disabled a core PHP function set_time_limit via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.

How can I fix these errors?

Thank you.
Juan

They’re disabled due the security reasons and it may creates fatal security things if these functions enabled. You can continue installing it.

2 Likes

Which errors do you mean? The screenshot you sent clearly says the following warnings were detected. Warnings are not errors.

2 Likes

Yes @Admin, they are shown as warnings, but when installing, many things do not work.
Example:
a) the emoji icons are not displayed in the message panel causing several errors,
b) when trying to access the XenForo panel control, it becomes a loop and cannot be joined.

I have already removed XenForo from this hosting, since I don’t know how many more errors it can cause users.

Please merge this screenshot with the previous message.

That error suggests there is code missing from your website. Can you please download a fresh copy of XenForo from the official website and upload that to your account?

2 Likes

I have installed and tested locally and in another hosting and Xenforo works correctly for me.

Is it possible that some files did not upload or install correctly? Or that our servers run slightly different software than your own computer or the other hosting provider you’ve tried, causing problems with your specific website?

In any case, XenForo is proprietary software to which I don’t have a license, so I can’t check or try that website for myself. Seeing how you’re paying XenForo money to use their software, maybe they have support who know more about XenForo and can help you figure out why their software generates this error?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.