10000 forum users celebration - special event

The computer is the school’s.

My dad manages the network.

I am getting a computer of my own, and because I do coding, I will probably have admin rights (although they get to know the password, I might as well make them account that allows them to view anything but not do anything).

For your home PC? Also can you answer the following for your home PC?

• How are things blocked (AllowList, BlockList, Other)
  • Are things blocked at a browser level, computer level, or internet level?
  • Do you currently have Admin rights?
  • Do you have a phone (Or other device) that can connect to cellular data
  • Is any tracking, control software installed? If so, what?

We shall unblock the video service!

No, that’s fine.

Again, the computer I currently have (Chromebook, so technically a laptop but whatever) is the school’s.

They use GoGuardian, fairly easy to bypass but I’d rather be respectful of their policy.

My dad uses Cisco I think, which I can avoid with a vpn (but my school doesn’t allow that, heck they even block the term “vpn”, although not the search “virtual private network” which is pretty amusing).

I can bypass things fairly easily, but I’d rather not :confused:

Same, I don’t really want to mess with school policy’s, however, things at home are a different story. :slight_smile:

Once you get that PC, have fun!

Oh, since you use a chromebook, how the heck do you code and use FTP? I can’t find a working FTP server, and none of the IDE’s have live previewing, or actually keep what your working on open if you close it and come back later. Let me know if you’ve got a good system on there.

I don’t have a good system.

I use MonstaFTP and it’s ok for now, though.

I use zed editor and code pad, I manage to get by.

I think ima get alienware m3 r15 or something, my dad said to get something by Dell, since they are reliable.

1 Like

Thats what I use, hasn’t let me down! Fast, reliable, no issues (Except for all the ones I’ve created myself, still feel the management console should warn you before you lock all accounts on the PC from making any changes. Took me a week to get that fixed :slight_smile: )
And the PC is over 7 years old to!

Correct way and attitude of learning :+1:

1 Like

2 Likes

Hope all will be safe! :heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

:joy:

Screenshot 2021-09-02 181347

I love those Harmon-Kardons. Best speakers ever.

1 Like

?

I don’t get it

1 Like

mobile phone when it receives a call request from the tower
it begins to emit a much stronger signal
and that signal is picked up by an audio amplifier found in PC speakers or a guitar amplifier, and so on.

and then you hear it for about 5 seconds before your cell phone rings

and besides, you’re young so you probably haven’t experienced anything like that.

this is heard

@wackyblackie you have a cat ?

Oh, yes. it’s name is Blackie, hence my username. My sister named it.

2 Likes

beautiful cat :smiley_cat:
a lot of us here have cats

I have :fish: :tropical_fish: !

2 Likes

Oh cool.

and besides, you’re young so you probably haven’t experienced anything like that.

??? I’m 16

I mean, young: no.

Don’t have a phone: yes.

1 Like

I have :cat:

2 Likes

I have 20 owls, 2 cats, 4 fish in a pond, a hedgehog, 5 black redstart that have nests, two pairs of doves,
a few small lizards…