10000 forum users celebration - special event

And FontAwesome is Awesome. Anyone who thinks otherwise will get banned if they cannot come up with two (2) valid reasons why FA is bad.

2 Likes

We migrated DB and each transition was somewhat difficult
because each forum engine writes differently on the database.

Importers were used, but there were some posts (specific records) that even after that process needed additional processing and some tweaks to be displayed properly,

especially since before people often quoted the post above when answering
(although there is no point in doing so)

also for example they remained like this *** some text ***
instead of bold , etc.

or there was a problem with code formatting.

FEB. (19. if I’m not mistaken)

2 Likes

And @jaikrishna.t, your GitHub project is still not secure. Stop lying to your users.

1 Like

well, then you come up with a solution if you’re so concerned mr . editor

you dont have rights. This is not fontawesome forum. Your opinions cannot be forced.

Wait they are copyrighted? Huh…

Nice!

2 Likes

a) User outreach. I don’t know about it.
b) Google fonts overshadows awesome fonts and awesome fonts only provides fonts to 38% of websites (as of 2020). I had to look up that last part since I don’t know anything at all about it (although the name sounds vaguely familiar).

3 Likes

Yeah. As soon as I create a work of art, it’s protected under law.

2 Likes

Didn’t know that that website puts copyrights on those.

Some automatically require you to put it under CC license.

MMM that reg tag looks sooo good!

Hey @Oxy ? How does the forum get the location of devices, because it says my chromebook is in Massachusetts XD

2 Likes

IP

2 Likes

Maxmind: Configure MAXMIND for reverse IP lookups - sysadmin - Discourse Meta

1 Like

Wasn’t that the company that got this one family to sue them?

I figured. It just didn’t seem like so because it was so off.

It might also be my school’s wifi ip system relies on a system that assigns ip addresses relative to that location (Massachusetts).

Just got an alert from Google that someone might by copying my content. Nope, just someone linking to my video. Thanks for the alert google, glad to see that people enjoy my videos!
https://souclou.com/connect-your-domain-to-infinityfree-and-cloudflare/

3 Likes

None of my content is used yet, but that’s because it is all trash. I am going to rework CLIP entirely. Boy am I glad I wrote out the bugs in detail. Too bad they won’t mean anything because the structure will change (and likely they will be solved during that).

I still don’t have a grip on how tokenizers and interpreters work >:(

I think I was even going to make a compile-to-js for CLIP!

from when is that happening? sigh, another auto wp post

If I knew more about JS I would be able to help you out with that. Once you get it done to a point that you like, I would not mind writing an article on it (Or if you would rather write it)!

And speaking of videos, what topics should I cover next in relation to IF?

2 Likes

make basic html template and upload em…

Also, + point for fontawesome, they add icons based on world events. Like the war in ukraine. Email:

2 Likes

Working around system triggers (of course, in ways that don’t break ToS).

For instance, one of the posters had a problem where they had a crypto application for encrypting/decrypting client information and IF flagged it as crypto (mining) content.

I suggested they either get the minified distro (which he had) or re-minifying it or remaking it theirself (which they did and it worked).

I already have an FTP video. And there are thousands upon thousands of “Make a website fast!” videos. No point in competing for that spot.

I am now confused on your stance.