10000 forum users celebration - special event

How dare you take it down :sob:

Wait you didnā€™t, nvm.

Iā€™m confused :confused:

Why is it back up again?

It wasnā€™t and then I clicked the notif history with the edit you made and it came back?

Le what?

Sorry if I messed up something XD

ohā€¦ my school made their own extension!

Wait, why booā€¦ oh noā€¦

No, no no noā€¦ please Lord oh noā€¦

Please no, no no noā€¦

NOOOOOOO.

Okā€¦

THATā€™S IT!!!

:rage:
(I decided shortly thereafter just for fun, since I am a nice boi, that I will scan the extension for vulnerabilities and also to see where IT is at with their knowledge of JS, as the extension still has plenty of flaws)

Nobody touched it. The forum may have just had a little ā€œIā€™m not going to show this just to freak him outā€ moment. Apparently it worked :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh no! Iā€™m going to go check it out :slight_smile:

Ok well, you said ā€œjust do itā€ and then provided information in a way it sounded like you meant ā€œyeah itā€™s okā€.

Sorry if I did something wrong then :sweat_smile:

I think itā€™s uploaded unofficially and not on the store.

1 Like

You did nothing wrong :slight_smile:
The extension must be just for your district because I cannot find it.

1 Like

Like I said, it must have been uploaded via policy and not the chrome webstore.

Also, the title (when you click on options, which usually leads to the webstore page for that extension) leads to the homepage of the schoolā€™s website.

I always love finding what I consider ā€œpropagandaā€ for businesses and centers that I feel have problems. I get that this is advertising, and what they are doing for the school actually is to some extent, helpful. I also get that blocking YT has a reason (students here usually have a hard time focusing and so blocking distractions is a big idea here). However, I feel that from stories I have heard that IT doesnā€™t really care or at least doesnā€™t act that way. Again, these stories are from students and so I get that it may be biased, but it still feels that they are a bit tyranistic. Funny how I want them to be (I feel it deep down). Maybe it is because I love complaining and debating. Christ, help me not to be as I want to have good virtues XD

Yeah, this school feels sucky. Oh well. Ima sync the acc to my computer and access the extensions from the program data. If chrome tries to block access (which might), I always can rewrite the perms (I have full admin access over my computer). What fun :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I did not see that post, sorry.

1 Like

Itā€™s ok.

Heck, I donā€™t even know if I want to trust my school with my personal passwords (I use the same one, except for some sites which are known to be a bit insecure, like Roblox. I have started to generate passwords via chrome now that I have a computer, however).

Even as I am typing to you, I donā€™t know how safe I am.

GG (GoGuardian, more like grisly gruesome) used to have a keystroke logger, so who knows what they have now!

1 Like

I thought you use that for school work, not personal. I did think you had a personal machine thoughā€¦

1 Like

I did. But last year (before I cut off contact because I was working with my grandparents during the summer) I did not.

2 Likes

You donā€™t want to.

I have yet to decide if that is actually a good idea or not. On one hand, it will remove the possibility of a brute force attack by someone that knows you, but they could just access your physical device where it is saved. And you wonā€™t be able to remember those passwords, if you want to login somewhere like a library for example.

You are not safe at all. Your ISP is tracking you, your OS is tracking you, your browser is (probably) tracking you, and to a lesser degree, this forum is tracking you as well. All these things are reporting some of that data to someone, and they can all be hacked, exposing your data to such hacker.

Is horrible. Before high school, the school that I attended used that (And still do). The data they can see from it is astonishing (My current school uses Hapara, it is just a tiny bit better, but who really knows). At least I know more about how these things work now, so I can get around them when I want to.

Do you have Grammerly? It is the same thing. Just have to hope that big companies donā€™t misuse your data. And looking over at meta FB, anything is possible.

I love the fact that you went back and quoted your post posts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah.

I will never be safe.

However, I trust that the OS and the other services either agree to not expose any extremely sensitive data (such as passwords) or that they donā€™t track it (which is likely true).

Remember that most are hashed, so the only thing I worry about is password storage systems.

2 Likes

Correction, we believe they are hashed. We have absolute no clue if they are hashed or not. Even if the program is Open Source, we donā€™t know if they are using the same code, or an insecurely modified version of it.

We want to trust big data companies, by honestly, only the higher ups at such companies know if we truly can.

1 Like

Well, we gotta have hope. Sadly, this world runs off of it (maybe not so sad in some cases, but still).

If that is the case, then every single OS you use, every single website you log onto, is risking it. Want a safe password? Hereā€™s one:

Get it? The safest password is not using one at all, as in not even using a service at all. Want to be safe from hack attacks? Donā€™t use technology! Courts and special government services know this by using typewriters so that they cannot be hacked. The FBI has servers, yes. However they are disconnected from the internet. Heck, they might even be isolated from the local network system!

Either way, the best way to stay safe on the internet is to get the heck outta there!

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, but how is a single character a secure password? It does not even match the requirements for any secure site?!?!? :scream: :scream: :scream:

1 Like

IG hereā€™s one then:

I just wanted the quotation mark to show where the password to be, so you wouldnā€™t think my paragraph was the password or would be confused.

aloha

I mean three characters are better then one. Remind me to never let you choose my passwords :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2022-05-11 1.22.07 PM

1 Like