10000 forum users celebration - special event

Haha, techie bois found out what I am doing. Now I have my first “client” (gonna send 'em a report).

Awesome. Keep us (Or at least me) in the loop!

https://lumendatabase.org/notices/27417674#

And

2 Likes

My school decided to “monitor me more” (although they said it was more about the firewall than my acc).

Monitoring the firewall for suspicious activity is something I am extremely relieved that they are cracking down upon, especially because there are some basic web hosting practices that they are not doing.

Still, I’m glad they are upping their security and even made my relief known to them.

And now I have a legacy story that as a young kid I was able to help an IT department up their game :slight_smile:

1 Like

it’s a pattern

1 Like

Yeah, they basically evaded the actual use of a VPN, privacy

1 Like

USA is probably not too far behind.

Likely on the premise of catching terrorists

gh docs is down >:(

1 Like

Ohh, :hushed: i never bee it exists.

If that’s what you think, sorry, but you are wrong. Your ISP can still see everything you do, and they are willing to hand over your information to any authorities that are looking for it. VPN and Privacy are two words that don’t go together.

4 Likes

vpn and screw the great firewall of china are tho

why does china need a big firewall anyway

even my site is blocked in china (i did a lookup on another site, i’m from uk)

1 Like

The ISP from the VPN does know your information, yes.

Like you said, all big companies you rely on have your data. There is no way around it.

Do you mean bored?

2 Likes

Honestly, I think the reality is something different altogether.

Using or not using a VPN is not more private by definition. All you’re doing for the purpose of preventing network snooping is moving trust from the ISP to the VPN provider. A VPN provider is just as capable of restricting, monitoring and monetizing your traffic as your ISP would be if you were not using a VPN. And free VPNs often make money by analyzing your usage.

If you don’t trust your ISP or network provider, then using a (paid) VPN might be a net positive thing. And there are plenty of other legitimate reasons to use a VPN. But please don’t buy into the “you’re not secure without our services!” things that VPN companies tell you.

8 Likes

image :magnet: :four: :infinity: admin

The sun converts hydrogen into helium through nuclear reactions. Through nuclear fusion, the Sun fuses 620 million metric tons of hydrogen and makes 606 million metric tons of helium each second in its core.

what a waste of energy :joy:

4 Likes

Why? Looks like an empty forum to me…

Popular CSS library Bootstrap just came out with v5.2.0-beta1 and might I say it is delicious.

4 Likes

Not for me since I don’t do bootstrap or any frameworks!

2 Likes

News update:

(to some extent) the security of the school is in my hands :smiling_imp:

Well, of course I’m going to be a good little boy and do stuff as intended.

I’m re-writing the YT blocking extension so that’s fun.

So far:

//Wrap everything in a code bracket. This is valid because JS instead of treating this like an object treats this as a scope.
{
    //Destructure globalThis (window) objects into the scope. Not only does it minimize damage from a script fiddling with the globalThis elements but also is standard and saves time instead of having to write the standard "window." or "globalThis." notation.
    //Will add when needed, REMOVE THIS COMMENT WHEN FINISHED!!!

//List of elements on the YT embed pages to remove (via class attributes)
    const YT_ELEMENTS_REMOVE = [
        ".annotation",
        ".ytp-ce-element",
        ".html5-endscreen",
        ".ytp-title-channel",
        ".ytp-chrome-top-buttons",
        ".ytp-remote-button",
        ".ytp-title-link",
        ".ytp-pause-overlay"
    ];
    //Remove YT embed elements, specifically endcards and annotations.
    const removeEmbedElements = () => {

};
}

It just feels patronizing. I mean, a little 10th grader like me telling these full-grown IT adults how to write JavaScript seems so laughable!
Because it is

Yeah so, I learned that speaking cybersecurity is a telephone game today.

I said “the school’s system files are at risk of being hacked” and I think one teacher overheard that and thought I was saying that “I hacked the school’s system files.”

That particular teacher has some trouble communicating with me and we sometimes go away with different interpretations than what actually was said or meant to be conveyed. Actually, that happens a lot and it confuses me, because I try to really express what I mean in concise words.

BTW, anyone like brostep?

Gammer’s an absolute monster :metal::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::metal:

LET’S CRANK UP THE DANK!!!

Two legends hitting at it again!

3 Likes