10000 forum users celebration - special event

Anyone looking into installing Windows on ReFS? It sounds interesting and like something that I’d try, but I don’t want to kill my main computer and all of the other ones I have don’t support Windows 11.

2 Likes

Can it be done using VM (eg VirtualBox) ?

5 Likes

Finally, I decided that it was good enough (I’m also too lazy to keep on tweaking it). It may not be the best, but there comes a time when you need to realize that you can’t just keep on improving on the same work of art. Trying something new brings different facets of critical thinking, and so I will try to move onto a song that has a little more depth (sound more spread out among the hearing range). I’m also deaf in the right ear, so it frustrates me that I can’t hear stereo spread like others can (mono audio sounds so cringy to me, if I have to be honest).

Without further ado…

Death by Riddim

Even though I had to learn how to use a whole other synthesizer, I ended up using my previous knowledge and the more visually appealing interface to speed through this. It has a different way of producing music, but overall, I think that I am going to like this synth better!

What do you guys like about it? What can I improve on?

3 Likes

as far as I’ve read - I don’t see any big advantage

I used this when I upgraded win11 to 22H2 (I couldn’t wait for it to come through the update)

I downloaded ISO from MS site
right click mount (in win11)
and installed directly from there (no usb boot stick, etc…)
of course, before that, I started the script and told it to bypass all checks (read the readme as well as the source of bat to make it clearer)

6 Likes

Maybe something like Home Assistant?
Or maybe create multiple IFTTT accounts.
Try one of these here: https://alternativeto.net/software/ifttt/?license=free

1 Like
6 Likes

Already use it, but IFTT has additional functionality that HA does not, that’s why I use it in the first place.

In violation of TOS, and you can only sign in to one account at a time in the Apple Watch App.

3 Likes

Then try one of these here https://alternativeto.net/software/ifttt/?license=free&p=2

make.com seems to be very similar to IFTTT.

3 Likes

I want have the skills of this man. Au5 is seriously awesome!

2 Likes

@Thewebuser22 I’m thinking
why don’t you use PowerShell as a freq. generator and make songs with it (lol - or one of you here)

for example

the first value are hz
the second is the duration in ms

Function oxy{
[console]::beep(440,400)
[console]::beep(440,100)
[console]::beep(880,100)
[console]::beep(880,500)
[console]::beep(1046,400)
Start-Sleep -Milliseconds 300
[console]::beep(440,200)
Start-Sleep -Milliseconds 300
[console]::beep(880,50)
[console]::beep(880,50)
[console]::beep(1396,50)
[console]::beep(1396,50)
[console]::beep(1567,100)
[console]::beep(1567,100)
[console]::beep(440,700)
}

hit enter for that last line
and call the function

note: otherwise it sounds slower, but for some reason when another program has an open sound card
everything happens quickly (at least for me on my PC)

it can be used as a tuner
or a hearing test (the age of people)
or testing audio equipment - for example, many amplifiers (audio sys) have a built-in protection (filter) and do not allow low frequencies so that it does not tear the speaker membrane (or sends such sounds to the subwoofer) so you can hear where that border starts, but often sound cards also have a filter and sometimes the speaker itself is not able to play that low/high freq…

so don’t be surprised if you don’t hear this or some lower value
[console]::beep(100,700)

6 Likes

Or just their ability. I’m severe to profoundly hard of hearing (basically deaf) in my right ear. I have a hearing aid, but really the only thing it helps me with is having stereo width for things like songs, where it is nicer to just get that sensation in your ear.

Also, in other news:

StackOverflow is getting… a bit toxic over ChatGPT, haha…

4 Likes

Who knows maybe some users from this forum use AI in their answers ?
I’ll have to watch to see if someone suddenly shows a great understanding of JS, PHP and so on. :slight_smile:

For now it’s still fine as long as openAI is free (or any such advanced one)
but when the only option is to pay for use, then again the rich will have an advantage and using AI will help them to be even richer.

Just the information that the 8 richest people in the world own as much wealth as half the world’s population give you an idea of how bad things are.

it will probably be like what happened with music

that now everyone can create songs with the help of a computer, even if they don’t know how to play a single instrument (which I don’t even know if it’s good or bad)
so there is more bad music, but on the other hand, more people are creative.
but AI will also turn non-creative into creative ones
in fact AI will be the creator
the only question is who will get the money from all that…

Means that in the future anyone can be a programmer with the help of AI
basically not just a programmer but anything from a writer, painter, video tutorials, basically everything (even now it already exists).

And the only job that will be offered is working on AI maintenance and writing its code until she/it is aware enough to start doing it herself - if she is allowed.

While the rest of the population lives in virtual reality
basically like in the matrix movie

Even now younger generations do not know the clear difference between virtual and real
and spend more and more time online
and where you spend more time is where you live…
ok basically we all live in our heads anyway - or who knows, maybe what we think is real life is actually a matrix :upside_down_face:

red pill or blue ?

7 Likes

5 Likes

Looks fine for me.

Try clearing your cache >:)

3 Likes

Glad the inspect element works for you :slight_smile:

Really? Because I kind of think I should…

6 Likes

how can you say that everything is fine
Screenshot 2023-01-30 113225
when this is not the letter L but a capital I

besides, see the text on this woman’s paper

the printer has problems because it does not print the text straight but it is slightly slanted…
-- vs \

besides that… the pen is really big

And this sentence is also strange

maybe “through the internet”
but this whole use of the term “internet” to describe something completely different is bad

4 Likes

Darn. You figured it out

My printer has enough problems without you insulting it!

Yea, it sounded like the type of grammar scammer use.

In other news, I reduced a confusing ~500 line PHP file to 232 line by using a function.

3 Likes

I don’t blame the printer… maybe the rollers for feeding the paper are dirty so the paper is fed in at an angle
but there should be two hooks/feet at the end that straighten the paper and retract later unless they are torn,
it is more likely that the staff put the paper in the scanner wrongly and scanned it at an angle,
so the entire document is at an angle during printing.
They should have seen that while they were writing in Word before they sent it for printing.
It’s time to reduce their salary!

btw. until you earn more money to buy a chair with a backrest for employees
you can cut this woman’s hair and rotate it 180 degrees
and mount as a backrest.

6 Likes

:joy:

Has anyone coded a website in bootstrap, then switched over to halfmoon?

They seem to use the same syntax, so I am assuming it would work…

4 Likes