404! We couldn't find that page.

Hey, so recently i’ve created a domain hooked it up into infinityfree (using its nameservers), the issue is, when I go to my site (rokey.xyz) it says “404! We couldn’t find that page.”, I have setup a html file on it named index.html so I don’t know the issue here, I even tried setting it to index2.html but no use, thanks!

`>@RokeyDeDog said:

Hey, so recently i’ve created a domain hooked it up into infinityfree (using its nameservers), the issue is, when I go to my site (rokey.xyz) it says “404! We couldn’t find that page.”, I have setup a html file on it named index.html so I don’t know the issue here, I even tried setting it to index2.html but no use, thanks!`

Hi,
Where did u upload your file?
The public folder is htdocs and all ur files for ur website should be uploaded there! :slight_smile:

@UnknownLolz said:
`>@RokeyDeDog said:

Hey, so recently i've created a domain hooked it up into infinityfree (using its nameservers), the issue is, when I go to my site (rokey.xyz) it says "404! We couldn't find that page.", I have setup a html file on it named index.html so I don't know the issue here, I even tried setting it to index2.html but no use, thanks!`

Hi,
Where did u upload your file?
The public folder is htdocs and all ur files for ur website should be uploaded there! :slight_smile:

Yeah, that’s where I uploaded the files, but still get the error :frowning:

Try clearing your browser cache or data it might help,
And also don’t upload your file while using Cloudflare be sure to turn development mode on or pause your website on Cloudflare so your file will be effective everywhere!

And if you have added your site recently or configured your name servers recently then you need to wait 24-48 hours for ur domain to fully propagate and will be effective everywhere! ?

http://rokey.xyz is working fine from here. Since your account is quite new, maybe this answers your question: https://infinityfree.net/support/why-doesnt-my-domain-work/

@RokeyDeDog as what @Admin said,
I’m fine while accessing your site too, there’s no problem or any issues!

Oh wow that’s weird, randomly started working O_O, thank you for your time! <3

Have fun with your site!

using “sitepro” everything worked fine… Now switching and trying WordPress getting same thing. After several hours (10 hrs) still getting 404 “page not found”.