A MIghty Noob I Am

Let me rant,

I need SSL, so I found a free one at CloudFlare. The only way to have it is to change your NAMESERVERS over to theirs. They claim you can still have access to your website and control it on their end. So I changed over to their NAMESERVERS. It was fast and easy, within seconds. Then I was not able to login to my wp-admin page and the site is now down. I then receive a WARNING email from Infinity:

"Hello Valued Customer,

This mail is to inform you that your site with the username xxx has utilised over 50% of its daily resource limits.

This limit is reset every day.

The resources that your site has used over 50% on is :

cpu warning…"

So now, I immediately change back the NAMESERVERS over to Infinity losing my “Free” SSL from CloudFlare and I still can’t access my wp-admin as well as the “This Site Can’t Be Reached” error. All this for nothing!

In conclusion, DON’T CHANGE YOUR nameservers OVER TO CloudFlare. I changed the nameservers from Freenom.com, you don’t have access to NAMESERVERS in the CPANEL on Infinity as a free client.

CloudFlare put me at RISK! Such a shame.

My site is still down with no access to my wp-admin. My PW and UN is not the issue and I still have CPANEL access.

I’m VERY frustrated!!! What happens now? HELP ME, please.

Kindly,
Essence

I deleted my site from CloudFlare and also the DNS info they put on my CPANEL. This should place me to no conflicts with CloudFlare. Also, a minor note, when I changed my NAMESERVER over to CloudFlare earlier, they deleted my .htaccess file. Luckily I had a copy of it, which I placed back.

Sadly, I’ts been over 4 now and I still have no access to my wp-admin or the site itself. I only have access to the CPANEL. A whole day wasted.

I’m quite surprised to hear that Cloudflare caused these issues for you. Cloudflare is supposed to reduce website load, not increase it.

I don’t know how or why, but it looks like all DNS records got removed for your domain name. The easiest way to fix this is by going to the Addon Domains section in your control panel, delete the domain from there and then add it again.

@Admin said:
I’m quite surprised to hear that Cloudflare caused these issues for you. CloudFlare is supposed to reduce website load, not increase it.

I don’t know how or why, but it looks like all DNS records got removed for your domain name. The easiest way to fix this is by going to the Addon Domains section in your control panel, delete the domain from there and then add it again.

Ok, I did as you suggested. Now it just shows directory and wp-admin can’t be accessed. WP is installed on my root to avoid www.mysitehere.com/wp. Looks like I have to reinstall wp all over again unless there is a shortcut. When I deleted the domain and re-entered the domain I think I was given a new ID.

Suggestions?

@Essence said:

@Admin said:
I’m quite surprised to hear that Cloudflare caused these issues for you. CloudFlare is supposed to reduce website load, not increase it.

I don’t know how or why, but it looks like all DNS records got removed for your domain name. The easiest way to fix this is by going to the Addon Domains section in your control panel, delete the domain from there and then add it again.

Ok, I did as you suggested. Now it just shows directory and wp-admin can’t be accessed. WP is installed on my root to avoid www.mysitehere.com/wp. Looks like I have to reinstall wp all over again unless there is a shortcut. When I deleted the domain and re-entered the domain I think I was given a new ID.

Suggestions?

Yes, your domain name was probably assigned to a new directory. Fortunately, fixing that should be easy. Just copy all files from the htdocs/ folder to the mysitehere.com/htdocs/ folder and your website should work again.

@Admin said:

@Essence said:

@Admin said:
I’m quite surprised to hear that Cloudflare caused these issues for you. CloudFlare is supposed to reduce website load, not increase it.

I don’t know how or why, but it looks like all DNS records got removed for your domain name. The easiest way to fix this is by going to the Addon Domains section in your control panel, delete the domain from there and then add it again.

Ok, I did as you suggested. Now it just shows directory and wp-admin can’t be accessed. WP is installed on my root to avoid www.mysitehere.com/wp. Looks like I have to reinstall wp all over again unless there is a shortcut. When I deleted the domain and re-entered the domain I think I was given a new ID.

Suggestions?

Yes, your domain name was probably assigned to a new directory. Fortunately, fixing that should be easy. Just copy all files from the htdocs/ folder to the mysitehere.com/htdocs/ folder and your website should work again.

Nope, same directory and all files still there and no new ID. Very odd. Unfortunately, I reinstalled wp and starting all over. I have no idea where the backup files are located, it only says “default location”.
Thank you for your time and help.