Addon domain: Do not include www in your entry.

I’m trying to add my domain to cpanel. the problem is that I can’t change the NS-record of my main domain (zubins-solutions.com) I can change it for sub domains, so I wanted to add (www.zubins-solutions.com), but then cpanel tells me not to include www in my entry. So I retry it without but then it says it isn’t on the name server because the main domain isn’t on there.

So I’ve temporarily solved it by using web.zubins-solutions.com. Which I can add. but I think that www. just looks a lot cleaner so I would like to use that instead. Is there a workaround to make that work?

I’m sorry, but there is no workaround as far as I know. To be able to use the www subdomain you will need to add the root domain, which requires you to change the nameservers of your domain.

If I may ask, why can’t you change the nameservers for your domain?

My domain provider (Strato.com) only allows NS-record modification on sub domains. see: http://www.strato-faq.co.uk/article/539/Can-I-also-change-my-DNS-settings-with-STRATO.html

I can manually add www as a subdomain and redirect the main domain to it, which would fix the issue. but I can’t include www in my entry so I need to use something else instead.

Do you know an affordable domain provider where I can switch to? @Admin

Judging from what I could find, you can actually change the nameservers at Strato too: STRATO Help & Contact: Answers to frequently asked questions Switching to “personal nameservers” is the setting you’ll want to use.

If you want to move your domain names, we provide domain registration services at https://www.xvhost.com/ . You can get domains there at a low flat rate.

The article you mentioned is actually about subdomains.

Im okay with transfering my domain to XVHOST, is it compatible with infinityfree or is using XVHOST for hosting required?

Im okay with transfering my domain to XVHOST, is it compatible with infinityfree or is using XVHOST for hosting required?

You can use any hosting with a domain from XVHOST, InfinityFree included of course.