Cannot set ssl

**My website URL is:**http://mcm.freecluster.eu/

What I’m seeing is:Not secure in browser’s address bar

**I’m using this software:**Chrome

Additional information:

I’m trying to set SSL folowing this tutorial - [how-to-install-an-ssl-certificate](https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-install-an-ssl-certificate/)

I’m going on vista panel - SSL/TLS - Configure - Generate Key / CSR - fill all the fields - Generate Key - I’m returned to the previous page - Certificate field is empty, I suppose need to wait a mail - but no one email is received on my gmail… I tried all the above steps many times.

I also tried to copy CSR text into Certificate field and click on Upload Certificate - getting error - The certificate uploaded is NOT for the domain name mcm.freecluster.eu.

Please help.

The (SSL) Certificate is something you need to provide yourself. The certificate should be generated by a recognized certificate authority, like Comodo. You can provide the CSR to a certificate authority, and they can give a certificate in return, which you can then upload to our system.

i create self signed certificate and also verify is it match (thats match on one other checking website) when i upload key here its not upload key form is empty also try sumbit bith but its again empty

Please note that the system only accepts certificated signed by a recognized certificate authority. If a self signed certificate is good enough for your needs, then you don’t need to do anything: all websites are available over HTTPS with a self signed certificate by default.

first sentence - system only accepts certificated signed by a recognized certificate authority.

second - all websites are available over HTTPS with a self signed certificate by default.

So what is the truth?

Any totorial about self-signed certificate?

Both of the statements are true, they don’t contradict each other.

By default, all websites are available over HTTPS with a self signed certificate. This certificate is used everywhere, and cannot be modified or removed.

Instead of this default certificate, you can provide your own SSL certificate. But these custom certificates MUST be signed by a recognized certificate authority. You cannot upload a self signed certificate you generated yourself to replace the one we provide by default.

There is not much to say about it. Just type https://$yourDomain in your browser’s address bar and you can visit your website with the self signed SSL.

I tried - https://mcm.freecluster.eu/ - and getting error:

Your connection is not private… - NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID¸… (Chrome)

That error means your website is working and is completely normal. Any SSL certificate not signed by a recognized certificate authority will show you an SSL error. This includes any self signed SSL certificate you generate yourself, as well as the self signed SSL certificate we install on all websites by default.

If you want to remove that error, you will need to install your own SSL certificate which is signed by a recognized certificate authority.

But I asked you how to get self signed certificate and you told me:

• There is not much to say about it. Just type https://$yourDomain in your browser’s address bar and you can visit your website with the self signed SSL.

Please stop to explain me the concept, obviously I don’t understand it.

Tell me (and to all others) directly - how to solve this - where to click - step by step?

so you suspended my account. fuck you mother. idiot.

I’m happy to explain whatever you want to know. Can you please describe to me what exactly you want to achieve.

If you want to be able to make your website use HTTPS without errors, we have a series of articles available on that: https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-make-your-website-use-https/

Please check the client area to learn more about why your account is suspended and what you can do next. I can guarantee you that blindly insulting people will not do anything to help you.

Spoilers: it was suspended automatically because you hit a clearly documentation restriction. Why on earth would I suspend your account just because you have a question about how to do something?

First - I already said - in my first post - I tried your tutorials - and described what happens - so without success.

Second - your sentence - Can you please describe to me what exactly you want to achieve. - is stupid, stupid, stupid…

You really don’t know what I want? After so much posts and answers here?

Ok, I’ll tell you: - I want my site without a Not secure warning in browsers.

Once more - I want my site without a Not secure warning in browsers.

Is that clear now?

You also said - my account is susspended because I hit a clearly documentation restriction.

What kind of restriction?

I didn’t see any note or warning about restrictions when I set my account.

My site was not active this days, so if you said to me - you hit a restriction - without saying - what kind of restriction - that’s also stupid and idiot-like way of comunication.

Best regards.

Yes, thank you, it’s clear now.

If you follow the documentation, then you can remove this error. But the step you had trouble with, was the part of getting an SSL certificate from a recognized certificate provider. This is something you need to do outside of InfinityFree. And, to my knowledge, you haven’t done this part yet, which is why your website still doesn’t work with HTTPS.

After that, we went off the rails and discussed things about self signed certificates and the like. Which, in retrospect, I should have recognized did not help you. And I’m sorry about that.

So, to summarize, you need to first get an SSL certificate from a recognized certificate authority, after which you can go through the guides again to get it installed and your website configured to use it.

Did you check the client area to learn why your account was suspended? It clearly said there that your account was suspended because you hit the Daily Hits Limit. On that same page should also be a link to this article, which explains a lot more about this limit: https://infinityfree.net/support/hits-limit/

If you never bothered to check the client area, then I can understand why you may believe that your account is suspended without proper reason and that we purposely withheld information from you.

But we do our best to make everything as transparent as we can. And to do that, we provide account specific information in the client area, and guides in the knowledge base.

The infinite speed and size server hasn’t been invented yet, so all hosting of every type from every provider has fair usage restrictions. InfinityFree is no exception.

No, it can’t be true. I was on the site maybe twice a day from its start. Nobody else knows its url, because it is in a developing phase. Also that’s a very small site - 2-3mb of scripts and 20mb of images.

I remember, a couple of years ago, I also had the same problem with your platform.

Very often I received the message like - You hit a restriction…

This days my site was without images at all - i.e. about 2-3 mb.

Well, clearly someone else does know about your website, or your daily hits graph wouldn’t have had a huge spike a few days. If you want, I can publish the graph here, but to protect the confidentiality of your account, you should check it yourself in the Account Statistics section in the control panel.

Also, you did publish the URL on this forum, so many more people than you know about it now.

Unfortunately, we don’t keep logs detailed enough for me to tell exactly who visited your website and why.

Nobody expect you to know who visited my website and why, of course. Once more - stupid sentence. Clear demagogy.

But something else is expecting. You must know is this a malicious DOS attack or not.

Because 50.000 hits in a single day - that’s not a normal site visiting.

And if this is a DOS attack (I can’t see another reason) - you should have some protecting guard, I suppose.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.