Can't activate woocommerce plugin in wordpress

My website URL is: http://ilearning.epizy.com/

What I’m seeing is: Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error. Warning : require_once(/home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_24250188/ilearning.epizy.com/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/legacy/abstract-wc-legacy-product.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/vol9_5/epizy.com/epiz_24250188/ilearning.epizy.com/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/abstracts/abstract-wc-product.php on line 16

**I’m using this software:**Wordpress, InfinityFree Hosting, Astra Theme

Additional information: I created a subdomain website under one of my main accounts. I could install woocommerce for my main domain website but with the subdomain website, it triggered an error, can you please look into this?

You need to force remove it by going with a FTP client on ilearning.epizy.com/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/ and removing woocommerce folder. After that, download a fresh copy of it from here, extract it on your computer, and upload the new woocommerce folder on the same folder you used to delete the corrupted WooCommerce. After that, login to your WordPress Panel, and enable the plugin as usual.

1 Like

Thank you for the very quick reply. I’ll follow your instructions and let you know how it goes. I’m just curious about why this happened in the first place? What can I do in the future to prevent it?

1 Like

to avoid those. try to always download the fresh file (zip or rar) instead of getting it from WP dashboard :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.