Can't login to my website

Thanks so much. The backup from HostGator to my hard drive to Infinity seemed to go seemlessly so far. (Still uploading).

One thing that was not clear was where HTDOCS says “files for your website should be uploaded here”, it was not specific if I should include the wp-admin, wp-content & wp-includes folders.

Since so much of my content was in these folders, I also uploaded them.

Still not sure of : “If you have a PHP based website (which I did) , check if it has any configuration files where a domain name or file path needs to be set.”

I assume my domain name is sudokusystem.com but would the path be :

sukokusystem.com/htdocs or something more like :

/home/vol5_7/epizy.com/epiz_33344589/sukokusystem.com/htdocs ?

Or a version of those ?

Thanks again for your help.

Rod

1 Like

The place where files should be uploaded should have all files and folder of your website. This also includes the wp-admin, wp-content and wp-includes folder. Please make sure to upload the entire folder as-is, as the directory structure of the files is also important for your site to work.

In other words, if you upload everything in the parent directory that contains the wp-includes, wp-content and wp-admin folders, you should be good.

It depends on your website what exactly is needed. But core WordPress doesn’t need any path configurations to be set, so you can ignore that part.

5 Likes

searched for [How do I change my DNS on Infinityfree?]
How do I change my DNS record?

Modify Existing DNS Record

1. Under DNS Manager, scroll down and find the record you wish to modify.
  2. From the right side of the record, click the ⋮ (ellipses) icon, then click Edit from the menu that pops up.
  3. Enter any changes you wish to make.
  4. Click the Save button.

I CANNOT SEE a DNS MANAGER in the Control Panel. (except to change CName Records … which won’t let me add a text record)

I need to add a TXT record so that Google can Verify domain ownership.

CNames records point to ns1.epizy.com, ns2.epizy.com

A while back I changed them (originally Go Daddy).

I don’t know where you got that information from, but I can tell you those instructions do not apply here, and IIRC the buttons and links described do not exist in our panel at all.

The SPF Records tool also creates DNS records. SPF records are a specific type of TXT records, but the control panel doesn’t check the input value to see if it’s valid SPF, and so it will accept any type of TXT record.

And that’s ignoring all the other validation methods Google offers. I’ve verified websites with HTML files, Analytics code, meta tags and CNAME records. So the “I need to add a TXT record” seems very unlikely to me, because Google always offers multiple ways.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.