Change the domain name

I have created a website with domain http://promotyourbusiness.epizy.com/ and I want to change it to another domain, how can I do that?

If you don’t want to upload your website files to the yourdomain/htdocs folder, where yourdomain can be replaced with your domain, you would have to change the nameservers of your new domain to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com, add the domain from the “Parked Domains” section of the Control Panel and, if your website uses WordPress, change the website URL from the old one to the new one by using the WordPress settings tool from the old URL’s wp-admin.

3 Likes

from what said here is what I’m gonna do, first go to the parked domain and ad my new domain (sequencebusiness.com) and change the nameservers of my new domain then change the URL from the WordPress dashboard after that the old URL will be removed automatically.

Is it true? like this

Actually you should change your domain name servers then add it to parked domains. Or it’ll throw an error.

3 Likes

I know that just I want to know if the process is correct?

If you add the domain from the “Parked Domains” section directly before changing the nameservers, the process wouldn’t work. If you add the domain from the “Parked Domains” section after changing the nameservers and waiting some time until the nameserver changes are propagated, that would work, but you also have to change the website URL from the old URL’s wp-admin in the WordPress settings to have the new domain in order for the website to work with the new domain.

3 Likes

thanks, I will try it and let you know

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.