Connecting domain

Could you help me please. I have domain mirovcraft.42web.io but I want to connect my own which ends with .com . How I can change it. My site has wordpress.

Add the domain as a parked domain in the control panel, then change your site url in Wordpress settings

4 Likes

No, that would break the entire site and result in a redirect loop.

@givikss , you’ll need to to it the old fashioned way:

2 Likes

That shouldn’t be the case. If you point two domains to the same WordPress installation, then normally WordPress will only show the website on the configured website URL, and redirect all other domains to that website URL.

Only if you start setting incorrect website URLs, or add additional code to “fix” the URL do you run the risk of causing a redirect loop.

5 Likes

That’s what I initially thought and having been giving out similar solutions like this.

Until sometimes ago someone asked how he could move a WordPress installation onto a new address. I told him to park domain and update site url. Everything seems to be fine, but boom, ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS.

Maybe something is misconfigured in the process, maybe how the actuall server handle such requests break something (especially when considering there’s nginx before Apache). Still, this makes me believe that using parked domains to move WordPress is not a good idea. And did you just mention that things do can break under some circumstances?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.