Cpanel X3 Available again on InfinityFree!

@Admin said:

@Friendifie-Inc said:

@Admin said:

I did.

The old theme was explicitly removed due to compatibility issues. So that installation had to be outdated and definitely not intentional. It could have messed up your account to the point of no repair, had unsolved security problems which could compromise accounts, and more fun stuff.

Such installations are the kind which hackers are looking for to exploit and compromise the entire system. We’re all better off with it gone.
What if we tried it? Any suggestions/advice @Admin? Are we safe?
I don’t want a hacked or broken account.

I apologize for the evil deed.

I’m not saying accounts were hacked or broken. I’m just saying it’s a risk of having outdated, forgotten installations online. I don’t know what kind of installation it was and what was the actual risk. I just reported it with the question “hey, is this intentional”, which it turned out not to be.

Actually @Admin I am starting to think that the vPanel X3 when people login to it is might be the one breaking or damaging the modules on vPanel today cause the cases about 403 on vPanel modules, and this things occurred when vPanel X3 was announced by @ChrisPAR .
This is only what I think and is not intended to make people mad or anything like that and this not actually a fact unless these became true.

@UnknownLolz said:

@Admin said:

@Friendifie-Inc said:

@Admin said:

I did.

The old theme was explicitly removed due to compatibility issues. So that installation had to be outdated and definitely not intentional. It could have messed up your account to the point of no repair, had unsolved security problems which could compromise accounts, and more fun stuff.

Such installations are the kind which hackers are looking for to exploit and compromise the entire system. We’re all better off with it gone.
What if we tried it? Any suggestions/advice @Admin? Are we safe?
I don’t want a hacked or broken account.

I apologize for the evil deed.

I’m not saying accounts were hacked or broken. I’m just saying it’s a risk of having outdated, forgotten installations online. I don’t know what kind of installation it was and what was the actual risk. I just reported it with the question “hey, is this intentional”, which it turned out not to be.

Actually @Admin I am starting to think that the vPanel X3 when people login to it is might be the one breaking or damaging the modules on vPanel today cause the cases about 403 on vPanel modules, and this things occurred when vPanel X3 was announced by @ChrisPAR .
This is only what I think and is not intended to make people mad or anything like that and this not actually a fact unless these became true.

I don’t think having an outdated installation up would break code on other installations. Especially since it seems to affect accounts which were never used on that installation to begin with.

Most likely, the update to remove it broke the modules.

@UnknownLolz said:
Guys, you make me feel more guilty, if I never reported i then we would have no errors!
As I see iFastnet was not ready for removing it completely, and I did the terrible mistake to uncover their darkest deep secrets and make an announcement here, which caused all these errors now.
The errors may take long to solve, I am so, so sorry. I should have kept it secret.

@ChrisPAR said:

@UnknownLolz said:
Guys, you make me feel more guilty, if I never reported i then we would have no errors!
As I see iFastnet was not ready for removing it completely, and I did the terrible mistake to uncover their darkest deep secrets and make an announcement here, which caused all these errors now.
The errors may take long to solve, I am so, so sorry. I should have kept it secret.

Don’t blame yourself for something someone else broke. Changing a theme on one installation should not have broken modules on another installation. iFastNet messed up a deployment. They did this, not you.

@Admin said:

@ChrisPAR said:

@UnknownLolz said:

Don’t blame yourself for something someone else broke. Changing a theme on one installation should not have broken modules on another installation. iFastNet messed up a deployment. They did this, not you.

@ChrisPAR you just Share what you know and sharing knowledge is not a crime. If Module got broken then it’s iFastNet mistake and Human being is the machine of mistakes so instead of blaming yourself you should courage yourself that you know more than others.

Thank you all @UnknownLolz @Ranakhas @Admin, now that it is resolved I am even better.
It seems like they needed both themes, what can I say?

I understand @Admin, I just wanted to alert and confess to you that I did indeed try it just in case I ignorantly caused any issues on the InfinityFree end.

@Friendifie-Inc said:
I understand @Admin, I just wanted to alert and confess to you that I did indeed try it just in case I ignorantly caused any issues on the InfinityFree end.

There is no problem with that, it was for all MOFH hosting companies and not just for InfinityFree.
Also, the problem was caused when iFastnet removed it, not when we accessed it!

@ChrisPAR said:
There is no problem with that, it was for all MOFH hosting companies and not just for InfinityFree.
I understand that, but I wasn’t aware of the security complications we could have caused as mentioned by @Admin.

@Friendifie-Inc said:

@ChrisPAR said:
I understand that, but I wasn’t aware of the security complications we could have caused as mentioned by @Admin.

Yes I also understand that.
At least, now I have a story to tell, about how I discovered X3 still available and how this caused a major issue with vPanel.