cURL not working

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_25982127

Error Message

N/A

Other Information

cURL was working for more than a year. But it stopped working by itself, without any code changes, all pages that use curl stopped working. and requests are no longer responding with any data. the issue is not a code issue as code is still the same.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by “stopped working”? What exactly do you see? Where are you trying to connect to? What error message does cURL return?

The same code works on my PC, curl is not returning a response, but curl_error is returning:
Error: error:14094438:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:tlsv1 alert internal error

Im trying to connect to the Discord API (https://discord.com/api/oauth2/token) and it has functional SSL and it works from my PC so it’s not on their side…

my website also has SSL working. so im not sure what the issue is.

Thank you, that information helps a lot!

Access to the Discord API is blocked on our hosting. I don’t know who initiated that block, perhaps iFastNet did it or perhaps Discord did it. The reason is likely the same: rampant abuse of spam bots and the like.

The SSL error you get is caused by the fact that the access is blocked on a network level, so cURL cannot establish an HTTPS connection to the Discord servers.

Frankly, I’m surprised it worked before.

In any case, this probably cannot be fixed. Your best bet would be to host this somewhere else. Discord API access is available on premium hosting

3 Likes

Okay. thank you. not sure how it worked for a year now… didn’t know it’s not allowed.

funny that when I used to use this hosting I could access the Discord API ;-; (Using PHP)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.