Directory Privacy - can no longer access

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_27732914

Error Message

It appears the document root for the domain name .epizy.com does not exist, please contact support 89347349288

Other Information

I am trying to amend the Directory Privacy options for a website in order to add another user. It currently operates fine for an existing user. However, when I select Directory privacy from the Control Panel and select the website, I get the message above.

In File Manager beneath the webste address is htdocs and beneath that both .htaccess and .htpassword… (containing the password details that work for the existiong user).

I think the same situation applies as in this other topic:

A few things are different for your case:

• The client area counterpart of this feature is called Protected Directories.
  • The .htaccess code for this feature is the set of lines that begins with #####THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED FOR PROTECTED FOLDERS and ends with ########END REQUIRE.

But besides that, it’s the same: you can remove the code by hand and use the client area version of the feature instead.

1 Like

Thanks very much for the extremely quick reply. I’ve done it as you suggested and it works perfectly!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.