Discourse and forum development

I’m still a little confused, here is a screenshot of what I have.

Move the .htaccess file to ../, that is the folder that is ahead of the public/ folder, and move also the rest of the files of the public/ folder on ../, delete the public/ folder after moving those, and open the .htaccess file with a text editor to remove the comment, that is known as # on lines 9 to 14. After that, edit index.php and flarum to include the folder of your vendor/autoload.php file, that is surely on the same folder as index.php, and also the storage and public folders should be on the same folders as index.php.

2 Likes

So I have moved the contents of the public folder, and deleted it

I have opened up index.php. Now what do I do?

Remove the /.. on lines 16 to 18 and the ../ on line 12 on the index.php file, and do the same for the flarum file.

2 Likes

There aren’t any ../ in the flarum file.

Ah, I forgot to say: remove '/public' on both files, index.php and flarum.

1 Like

So it should just be ''?

Instead of /public?

It should be only __DIR__, not __DIR__.'' or other things.
For the other one, AKA storage, it should be __DIR__.'/storage'.

1 Like

Ok, what do I do now?

Do I upload it to my hdocs now?

Did you uncomment lines 9 to 14 on your .htaccess before doing that? If not, do it.

1 Like

Yes, I did

Should I upload it to my hdocs now?

You should upload all files on your subdomain’s htdocs, that is for example forum.yourdomain/htdocs, with a FTP client.

2 Likes

Thanks very much for your help! I’ll let you know if anything doesn’t go to plan!

1 Like

Unfortunately, this didn’t seem to work. I open up my website, and it says:

This page isn’t working

forum.ifhub.rf.gd is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

enable display errors from alter php config on cpanel.

2 Likes

it says this:

Parse error : syntax error, unexpected ‘,’ in /home/vol12_1/epizy.com/epiz_24698714/forum.ifhub.rf.gd/htdocs/Flarum/index.php on line 16

on line 16 change __DIR__ to __DIR__.'',

2 Likes